Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: [Needs Testing] Templar Assassin is Overpowered in Dota 2

  1. #21
    Basic Member Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoman View Post
    With cold snap the stun only triggers on damage greater than 10 after reductions. Since she takes 0 damage cold snap cannot take its effect.
    Thanks for the mechanics insight, except you are wrong.
    Refraction is a dynamic triggered heal in DotA 1, healing however large of a portion of damage it can beforehand (capped by max life) and what's remaining after the damage is taken. The damage is not blocked, therefore triggered cold snap since it exceeded the threshold of 10. Since DotA 2 is suppost to be ported before changes are made, this is not small enough of an issue to be called an intended change .

  2. #22
    Basic Member chukky-jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoman View Post
    With cold snap the stun only triggers on damage greater than 10 after reductions. Since she takes 0 damage cold snap cannot take its effect.
    well it's partially bugged then, cold snap triggers on damage greater than 1 <<<disregard that source seems outdated, but making TA takes 0 damage seems too much to not call a balance discussion.. the problem by 0 damage instance so far is Cold Snap, Ava+toss combo, life drain, list might goes on..
    Last edited by chukky-jr; 07-18-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: disregard
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

    Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Also yeah, I'm not sure why this needs testing. It's straightforward as to what the issues are.
    It a pretty generous label because the issues aren't "Templar Assassin is Overpowered in Dota 2" If I were a mod, I'd close the thread.

    It's regretable that your post sounds like a butthurt vent rather than a real report because some issues posted are legitimate.

    Afaik, blink is supposed to interact like currently as of patchnotes last test patch, but blash disagrees and he's likely more knowledgable than I.

    As for the cast animation showing to enemies, that should be implemented, as it was part of the patch notes as well. If not then that is an issue.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

  4. #24
    Basic Member shuurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    25
    +1

    I don't see how anyone not basking in oplanaya's glory can reasonably disagree.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Thanks for the mechanics insight, except you are wrong.
    Refraction is a dynamic triggered heal in DotA 1, healing however large of a portion of damage it can beforehand (capped by max life) and what's remaining after the damage is taken. The damage is not blocked, therefore triggered cold snap since it exceeded the threshold of 10. Since DotA 2 is suppost to be ported before changes are made, this is not small enough of an issue to be called an intended change .
    Except he's right in regards to Dota 2. Stop being an asshole.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Mr.Evo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by The Milkman View Post
    Except he's right in regards to Dota 2. Stop being an asshole.
    True story. This is more logically compared to Dota 1's behaviour. The playdota.com tool tip states that Refraction should block the Coldsnap damage but at the same time won't affect her. The wc3 engine was simply not able to fullfill that.
    For Dota 2 OMG games visit http://d2ware.net/


  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    Also yeah, I'm not sure why this needs testing. It's straightforward as to what the issues are.



    LOL. Can you leave my thread. Out of your 16 posts, they've been either false 1 sentence claims or have been Racism towards russians.
    At least I stay on topic.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    479
    Dagger fixed

  9. #29
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    HIGHLIGHTS:
    - Fixed Templar Assassin's Refraction and Pipe causing Blink Dagger to not get disabled.

    If anyone has doubts about refraction preventing blink dagger usage, here is your answer. Not everything is an intended change, although some things are.

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    48
    Sigh TA is ruined now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •