Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Update Notes

Thanks to the Valve team as usual! Thanks!

Basic Member
    How long is that cooldown on decliners?

hahaha... 3 heroes... FUCK YEAH, great job Valve ! The models of the new heroes look so badass ! But anyway, what did you do to the item icons again ? I can't remember they had ever been worse before and it seems like they get worse each time you change them... I mean look at the new icons of Blink dagger, Vanguard, Animal Courier, Sange and Yasha, Armlet or Shadow Blade ? And when will you finally make the neutrals sleep at night ?

Basic Member
    Jesus christ you guys don't rest, good job

Btw can anyone confirm if valve will have all the heroes ready until the international launch?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadiX View Post
    hahaha... 3 heroes... FUCK YEAH, great job Valve ! The models of the new heroes look so badass ! But anyway, what did you do to the item icons again ? I can't remember they had ever been worse before and it seems like they get worse each time you change them... I mean look at the new icons of Blink dagger, Vanguard, Animal Courier, Sange and Yasha, Armlet or Shadow Blade ? And when will you finally make the neutrals sleep at night ?
    Chillout dude, last item revision were rejected by players, and people got to like them, so just trust their vision. Also about the neutrals, game's still a beta, if you have a key you're previliged, so just keep playing and helping development, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by svceon View Post
    Chillout dude, last item revision were rejected by players, and people got to like them, so just trust their vision. Also about the neutrals, game's still a beta, if you have a key you're previliged, so just keep playing and helping development, ok?
    Oh sorry svceon, I think you missed the point when Valve said that they don't think of Dota 2 as a beta anymore And am I not helping the development of Dota 2 when I say that they should bring fundamental gameplay elements of Dota 1 like neutrals sleeping at night (which adds a lot more options to the gameplay) to Dota 2 instead of wasting time by changing the item icons (I think 50-70% of the players don't like the new icons anyway) with nearly every patch ? Next time think before you write, thanks.

The item icons were and are still not finished, so expect them to keep changing and tweaking them, and be glad for it cause some could indeed use some change. Second, you know many people will whine as soon as something is changed so let them time to adapt and truly rate the new icons. Finally about the neutrals, icefrog had not originally planned to port the neutrals sleeping at night and is probably still debating whether or not he should (I forgot where but I think it was on the playdota forums) and it really does not make that much of a difference as i'm pretty sure many that played dota1 even forgot about that(same for the ancients not all being ported yet, although i'd really like them to).