Thread: How do i commend someone?

Basic Member

How do i commend someone?

I dug up some old changelogs, and all they said was "Added a commendation system, which allows you to commend players who made your game a happier experience, and report anyone being hostile. You can commend or report a player by clicking their name in the main menu, in-game scoreboard or end game score screen."

I cannot commend them in their player profile at all (which is "clicking their name in the main menu") Do you have to be a certain level to do this?

No, you don't have to be a certain level -but you have to do it ingame, meaning in a match of DOTA2 you play. This -sadly- was necessary because a lot of people 'traded' commendations, meaning they'd spam chat that others should recommend them and they would do so, too.
    So if you really find someone cool to play with, you feel he was kind, forgiving, funny, good, teaching or a good leader: Click on his name in the scoreboard of the game you're running (even in the endscreen) and choose "commend player".

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thyL View Post
    No, you don't have to be a certain level -but you have to do it ingame, meaning in a match of DOTA2 you play. This -sadly- was necessary because a lot of people 'traded' commendations, meaning they'd spam chat that others should recommend them and they would do so, too.
    So if you really find someone cool to play with, you feel he was kind, forgiving, funny, good, teaching or a good leader: Click on his name in the scoreboard of the game you're running (even in the endscreen) and choose "commend player".
    Oh. Well unfortunately i can't Match's already over, hah.
    I don't suppose i can do it in the replay eh? Thanks for the answer

Basic Member
    i couldnt issue a few commends because of that new mechanics myself.
    but i started to wait at the scoreboard and commend deserving players from there.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage