Thread: Is there possiblity of "ranked" games in Dota 2

Basic Member

Is there possiblity of "ranked" games in Dota 2

Hi. I checked couple of pages of this forum and didn't see any threads about this. This however can be already discussed out but you never know so I just wanted to create a thread about it SO:

I would like to have some proper ranking system in dota 2 or Ranked matchmaking. Imo this could be good for players who are good but dont have time for team or dont have team OR just want to play solo/duo etc.-^^

Just asking this because I'm so bored to normal public games but im not yet that serious to dota that I would make a team with strangers and practice everyday etc..

Is there possibility of this or isn't it coming? Also what you guys would think about it? Like more serious version of public games!

Cheers

On the other hand, this would also create public games that are "less serious" and then you'd have to deal with people don't try at all because of that and a divided players base, for very little gain. What would be the point anyway, other than bragging rights because you made your "ranking" number go up?

No thanks.

The problem here is that "tryhard" people are going to play the "normal" games anyway (as they're the same type that play AP and slam down Lycan or AM).

Basic Member
    I've been thinking about the posibility of ranked games for a while, I think it would be good to have more than just "normal", "high" and "very high" games.

I think there should be a separate queue for try-hard players (both solo and 5v5 queue) where matchmaking rating is visible and players know their standing on the ladder. There's already a pretty big topic about this which is totally being ignored by the developers:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=25404
    Give us a ranked browsable ladder with visible matchmaking rating for both solo queue and 5v5 already

Banned
    Every game should be a ranked game!

Yes, that's another possibility, that would be more similar to what is used in Heroes of Newerth. I like it because you can easily compare all players right away then, even those who would usually not play ranked games. The only problem is that the way you queue with arranged teams can greatly distort ratings then and they can no longer be easily compared between individual players. League of Legends has a policy of 1-2 players max for ranked solo/duo queue games. Smite uses a policy of solo queue only for ranked games, which I think is a good idea.
    Give us a ranked browsable ladder with visible matchmaking rating for both solo queue and 5v5 already

Quote Originally Posted by sanid View Post
    Hi. I checked couple of pages of this forum and didn't see any threads about this. This however can be already discussed out but you never know so I just wanted to create a thread about it SO:
    ...You can... It's called search... It's not a hidden feature... It's at the top right of the bloody forums! And had you used it, you'd know there are already threads on this issue, not to mention the fact that this is the wrong section entirely. Closing this.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.