Thread: MH in dota 2?

MH in dota 2?

I was talking to a friend, explaining to him how someone couldn't have been maphacking because there's just no maphacks that will work in dota 2. Then he proceeded to show me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CXRCGGDKo8

Can someone please tell me this is fake and if it isn't fake, it has been fixed or something... because I've had my fair share of mhing noobs from dota 1... and I'm honestly not ready for any more of that in this new, vivid community.
    Last edited by Aquinox; 07-31-2012 at 07:38 AM.

A good tip for you: If something has a loading-bar that takes longer than half a second and seems to be steady-going, it's fake.
    If it's hosted on fileice, or a similar SURVEY-Hoster, it's 100% fake.

Btw, the guy in the video is playing a bot game (he even accidentally hovers over his enemies showing their names "Kitty bot", etc).
    Last edited by Typhox; 07-31-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    I'm watching you!
    Spoiler: 

Yea, there is tons of MH for dota 2, just use the google and you'll see. But rarely someone complains about that. Let's face it, if they can, why we cannot?

Basic Member
    It's literally impossible to use a maphack with Valve's dedicated servers, because the servers don't let your computer know what's in the fog until you gain vision on it.

Your computer asks the server: what can I see?
    The server responds: This is your vision, these are the units you can see right now.

A maphack would have to ask: Where are the units in the fog?
    The server would respond: I can't let you do that, and you shouldn't be able to ask that - you must be hacking, Steam account BANNED.

The game is actually VERY flexible with what you can do with the information the server gives you - this is why you can use console commands for a lot of customization, but you can't change what the server gives you - if you try, the server is going to know 100% and you will get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Btw, the guy in the video is playing a bot game (he even accidentally hovers over his enemies showing their names "Kitty bot", etc).
    This is the case with the link video. 100% BS obviously fake. It's so poorly edited too - it's especially laughable when he hovers over the bot and the bot name pops up. As if he didn't use the -allvision command. So pathetic. It's probably intense malware/trojan/virus
    Last edited by Fydorian; 07-31-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

It's fake. The guy is playing a bot game with cheats on and then using the "allvision" code to gain access. Learn to identify fake videos. If you observe the minimap at the time when he says press Insert, you'll see that the video has been tampered.

DO NOT download any of these programs for your own safety.
    Follow me on my page here. <3

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    Yea, there is tons of MH for dota 2, just use the google and you'll see.
    No. There really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittlesAreYum View Post
    No. There really isn't.
    Oh dear people on the internet, when will you learn sarcasm?