Thread: Connecting to Dota 2 network stuck

Question Connecting to Dota 2 network stuck

Hey,

It takes more than two mins to connect to the dota 2 network. While my other friends from the same ISP are playing the game and even getting connected to it. I checked the console and this is what i got.

Lets hope we find some fix for it.

Thanks & regards,
    BlackJesus666

SetWaterMaterial()
    Steam config directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\platform\config
    No split screen config file 'splitscreen_config.txt', using defaults
    ConVarRef fov_desired doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/loadout_header
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/loadout_round_rect_selected
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/loadout_round_rect
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/heroportraits/portrait_axe
    ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "resource/closecaption_english.txt".
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/heroportraits/portrait_bane
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/heroportraits/portrait_pudge
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/heroportraits/portrait_earthshaker
    Bind Key: cmd1 bind "`" "toggleconsole"
    Response Rule visage_death._rule does not have a 'concept' criterion!
    [RESPONSELIB] Made RR system @03F0F918

ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "resource/closecaption_english.txt".
    CDOTAGCClientSystem - adding listener

Solution seems to be to exit DOTA and sign out of Steam, then sign back into Steam and open DOTA.

Sometimes waiting a few minutes in between the above helps, too.

Basic Member
    server is already up and running

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazu View Post
    Solution seems to be to exit DOTA and sign out of Steam, then sign back into Steam and open DOTA.

Sometimes waiting a few minutes in between the above helps, too.
    I was having this problem, and trying this without the wait didn't work. However, waiting 10 min between sign-out and sign-in finally let me play.

Thanks!

It was solved yesterday by waiting and waiting only. But i wanted to know is there a permanent solution for this bug. It happend to me again now and Im waiting. Verifying game files dint help at all. This is a serious performance issue which shouldnt be overlooked. And even sometimes when you are in the party in game and ur trying to find a match if ur trying to invite someone and hes continously declining u get stuck at the lobby. Everything gets frozen of the GUI no buttons work except for the Quit button on TOP . If you try to leave party it would tell u group not found. And during that if u restart dota ,i.e., quit and start again u get the same bug . Connecting to Dota 2 network.

Basic Member
    Bump, recent problem for me.

Steam Connection takes very long

It also happened to me today. Got a bug in the map while playing. The bug is always showing GG branch when I tried to buy it. I cannot righ click properly anymore. I quit and log off steam also no help. Need to wait for long time to be able to connect back to game.

Basic Member
    Happens to me all the time. The biggest problem is, when you get disconnected from a game, there is a good chance that you won't make it back in time to reconnect, seeing how steam sucks, and is very slow to connect/disconnect