Thread: Dota 2 LAN

Basic Member

Dota 2 LAN

Hi, i'm from indonesia, i want to arrange a Dota 2 contest at my game center and i need Dota 2 LAN, because if i use the create private game within the Dota 2, i have to connect to SEA server and it will be a inconvenience if there's some delay or spikes (I only had 3 Mb dedicated connection for 20 PC).
    Can i get Dota 2 LAN client or some solution for this?

Thanks.

Joe

www.facebook.com/joenetsby

We are not offering LAN play at this time.

Basic Member
    The LAN feature is not yet available, please try not to be ignorant. Btw, I think Valve's gonna release the LAN feature during or before The International 2012.

Banned
    I think they wont. Neither of last dota-games did.
    It gives a lot of opportunities to hack the game. Starting with maphacks and ending with cracked-client with pirate servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    I think they wont. Neither of last dota-games did.
    It gives a lot of opportunities to hack the game. Starting with maphacks and ending with cracked-client with pirate servers.
    How is hacking a consern when it's LAN? Sure it gives the admin a possibility to hack the game to make it -allvision for him, but since it's lan there is a minor possibility ever for that to happen.

"Neither of last dota-games did"? Valve's already doing a lot of something that no game has done so what's stopping them from doing something that's been in most old multiplayer games for ages?

And what part of free to play does lead to pirating?