View Poll Results: Console commands,scripts and macros.. Is this cheating ?

Voters
936. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - valve needs to address these things.

596 63.68%
  • No - (for whatever reason)

340 36.32%
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: IMHO, this is cheating and needs to be addressed..... What do you think ???

Basic Member
    I think people should distinguish between hero scripts and every other script! Hero scripts are lame, because they take away the skill from the game and make other people's effort in learning to play a specific hero go to waste. Other script, like a tiny courier script, that takes items from your stash, activates courier's turbo-mode and sends out a small message for your fellow players are very handy and surely not overpowered.

So disabling multiple hero-skill activations at once would be a good deal I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    I got the answer that even though valve didnt give official statement, macros are not allowed. They werent allowed in DotA and they arent (actual quote from one mod is "will not be") allowed in DOTA2. Valve doesnt want their players using this.
    The game is in beta stage.
    So for now is a personal choice of all players, use scripts or dont use scripts.

WHEN valve make his choice of letting us use or dont letting us use (like officially ban scripting from matchmaking and create a in-game report choice for this) then I will for sure support they by first not using, and second report users.

For now really, just give a try.
    I would say everyone that enjoys invoker or meepo should just give a try with scripts. People will realize that scripts wont make play a lot better (they will ofc if you are terrible).

Basic Member
    Range indicators are ok but it should be available to all players, not activalable from scripts. Macros should be banned because with enigma u could blink, pulse, blackhole with only 1 key and thats insane advantage of time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketFingers View Post
    The game is in beta stage.
    So for now is a personal choice of all players, use scripts or dont use scripts.

WHEN valve make his choice of letting us use or dont letting us use (like officially ban scripting from matchmaking and create a in-game report choice for this) then I will for sure support they by first not using, and second report users.

For now really, just give a try.
    I would say everyone that enjoys invoker or meepo should just give a try with scripts. People will realize that scripts wont make play a lot better (they will ofc if you are terrible).
    We all know that valve hasn't officially banned scripting, and that's exactly why this thread exists in the first place. How god damn hard is this to understand?

This thread is just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    We all know that valve hasn't officially banned scripting, and that's exactly why this thread exists in the first place. How god damn hard is this to understand?
    I do, i am telling the people wich states it'll be prohibited based on facts out of dota 2 / valve universe.
    Can't you understand it?

Basic Member
    Posting this for the third time seeing as no one seems to have seen it.

Explicitly stated here by a Forum Staff member that macros and scripts are illegal.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketFingers View Post
    I do, i am telling the people wich states it'll be prohibited based on facts out of dota 2 / valve universe.
    Can't you understand it?
    I really want to insult your spelling, but I'll wait until I run out of arguments because god damn it this is the internet.

On a serious note, we're discussing whether it'll be prohibited or not, with arguments as to why it seems likely that it would. Unless I missed a post, nobody who's against macros has stated anything as a fact (except CvP).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    I really want to insult your spelling, but I'll wait until I run out of arguments because god damn it this is the internet.

On a serious note, we're discussing whether it'll be prohibited or not, with arguments as to why it seems likely that it would. Unless I missed a post, nobody who's against macros has stated anything as a fact (except CvP).
    What facts do you want?
    1. Moves are executed instantly, beyond human capabilities.
    2. Not everyone has access (in general).

Those two alone make it so that it should be banned.

These types of scripts/macros are illegal to use and falls under the category: "illegal software."
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    ... No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software ...
    To clarify, using console to change various settings/tweaks, remapping hotkeys are perfectly fine.
    Using console/autoexec.cfg etc to create macro is not. This includes, but not limited to, invoker/meepo/enigma etc (combo) scripts, smartcasting etc.
    Anything non-default that actively helps you play your game is cheating except some very specific exception like hotkey remapping. Scripts that perform micro/macro do not fall in to these exceptions.

This has been the official stance about autoscripts/macros since ages when it comes to DotA and it will remain the same for Dota 2 until otherwise notified.

Just like at PlayDota.com, this rule will be strictly enforced in this forum. Please report the posts discussing these cheats.

If you have any specific questions, send me a PM.

Closed.
    Last edited by CvP; 10-10-2012 at 09:59 AM.