Thread: how to copy dota 2 to other pc ?

how to copy dota 2 to other pc ?

i really frustated this day .. i almost spend 10hours to fix my dota 2 and still cant do nothing .. okay i explain from start .. my internet connection is not soo good and have 2,5gb limit download soo its impposible for me to download the dota 2. . and i start searching in internet how to copy dota2 to other pc (i already have dota2 in my steam) .. at first i tried to download it from my friend pc and then copy the steamapps folder .. and copy it in my steam folder and then i can play it on my pc .. and not long a go dota 2 have some big patch and must keep my internet limit .. soo i decide to copy steamapps folder again from my friend pc (this day) and copy it to my pc .. but the horrible thing is i cant play it.. bcoz the dota 2 keep ask for update for like 2.502mb .. and i tried to back to my friend home and copy it again (i worry if i wrong copy the folder coz the first time i only copy the common folder not the whole steamapps bcoz the steamapps folder is like 8.3gb and my flash drive is like only 7.8gb) soo i decide to copy only the common folder (i think the update is on common folder bcoz the download folder still have same size) but after that i tried to copy it and i keep ask for update 2.576mb

i dont know how to fix it ... and i really tired to back to my friend home .. please if anyone can help this .. coz i really want to play dota 2 in my home .. thanks before .. .sorry for my bad english ..

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8794-YPHV-2033
    this "should" work. Never tried it myself.

Basic Member
    you must include the updated file appmanifest_570.acf and place it in steamapps folder

Basic Member
    replace whole steam folder from program files and it will be done i done it

Just copy your friends steam folder to your PC.

@bigbox i already copy that file .. and still dont work .. soo i must copy the whole steam folder ?? soo i dont need to install the steam first ? coz i used to be install steam and then replace the steamapps

Basic Member
    i update my bro's pc like this all the time. dota 2 beta folder + appmanifest_570.acf only.
    its not working for you because dota 2 is updating daily for the past few days. as i'm typing this , I've just finish downloading another mini patch.

and remember to place appmanifest_570.acf in steamapps folder and dota 2 beta in common folder.
    Last edited by Bigbox; 08-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.