Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Mythical" rarity for items is being made arbitrary.

Basic Member
    --
    Last edited by darkeyx10; 02-19-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Basic Member
    the OP is the same opinion with me! Fireborn Odachi and Bloodchaser are awesome. They have their own particle effects and own animations. In my opinion all mythical items should be sth special and have their own particle effect. Moreover i cant understand how some of the new "common" items are more expensive than some rare items. Example: Armor of Savage 1,59 (common), any Chronite item 1,19 (rare)

Agreed mythicals should have custom animations and particle effects if they don't downgrade them to rare. Also there should be a reflection to store prices and rarity. If you make something mythical and charge it 0,05€ it will affect its rarity.

Basic Member
    Valve really needs more quality control on the items they put in store... Every time I spot a cool item it turns out it's an exclusive drop that costs a billion keys. I understand that cool exclusive drops are there for a reason, but they can't be the only decent items in the game.

Basic Member
    Valve really needs more quality control on the items they put in store... Every time I spot a cool item it turns out it's an exclusive drop that costs a billion keys. I understand that cool exclusive drops are there for a reason, but they can't be the only decent items in the game.
    I'll say exactly the same thing to you as I said last time.

Exaggeration doesn't get you very far. In fact, most of the limited stuff is the worst, with Lockjaw looking unfinished, Timebreaker easily being Void's worst mace, and Alpine Ursa being Alpine Ursa. Only Drodo and Smeevil are actually a high enough quality to merit their availability.

Unless you're seriously trying to say that the entire cosmetic range is bad, in which case your taste is just plain shit, and items like the Bindings of the Rift, the Radiant Crystal set and the Runestaff of Verodicia are laughing at you.

That being said, I do agree with better quality control. I've noticed that some of the implemented items have extremely thin blades which can't really be seen at certain angles, like Ursa's iron bracers, or the Spineblade's blade. There is also pretty big differences in lighting effects, an example of which being the difference in "shinyness" of Ogre Magi's two belts. I would like to see Valve make some final adjustments to implemented workshop items, just to ensure textures and shapes remain cohesive across the whole game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    Timebreaker easily being Void's worst mace
    How? It's got a custom particle effect that looks awesome and it's modeled a thousand times better than the other options. I'm talking about sheer quality of the model.

Alpine Ursa being Alpine Ursa.
    Alpine Ursa was available in store... the quality of the set is the same as the normally buyable sets. You're just comfirming what I said here. What you get from the store is trash in 90% of cases.

Unless you're seriously trying to say that the entire cosmetic range is bad, in which case your taste is just plain shit, and items like the Bindings of the Rift, the Radiant Crystal set and the Runestaff of Verodicia are laughing at you.
    Bindings of the Rift is good? I can't even use that item because Void stops talking when I wear it.

+1 Yeah the new 'Mythical' panda items are just labels and do nothing special to the character. Would want that they improve the wow factor of these items and not just the rarity of them.

Basic Member
    How? It's got a custom particle effect that looks awesome and it's modeled a thousand times better than the other options. I'm talking about sheer quality of the model.
    You really think is a better model than , do you? It barely even looks like weapon, let alone one suited to a champion of a time-walking race. The textures may be better, but the most beautifully coloured item can still be a poor one.

If you really think a particle effect is enough to make a model good, your taste is extremely poor.

Alpine Ursa was available in store... the quality of the set is the same as the normally buyable sets. You're just comfirming what I said here. What you get from the store is trash in 90% of cases.
    Again, exaggeration gets you nowhere. And if you discount Ursa's Alpine set, there's a total of four confirmed non-store items. That is not enough to pass a judgement, especially when only two of them are actually good.

Bindings of the Rift is good? I can't even use that item because Void stops talking when I wear it.
    And that's a problem with the item quality... how? The creator only makes the item, it is up to Valve to implement it and animate it properly.

Basic Member
    ^Yes, I think Timebreaker is one of the nicest looking models in the game. The particle is just the cherry on top.