Thread: Connecting to DoTA 2 Network...

Basic Member

Connecting to DoTA 2 Network...

It keeps trying to connect, but no matter how long I wait, it won't go past this message.

Things I have tried:

- Opening DoTA 2 from steam (I was doing this from the beginning anyway)

- Restarting Steam

- Reinstalling Steam

- Restarting computer

I can play other games just fine, and there doesn't seem to be any server downtime at the moment, so I don't understand why this is happening D:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alcopop.

*EDIT

I tried to 'Verify the integrity of game files' and it said that '4 files failed to validate and will be reacquired'. See how that goes. Not sure how they're going to be reacquired, Steam doesn't look like it's doing anything to reacquire it..

*EDIT2

I also don't have any firewalls or anything like that on.
    Last edited by alcopop; 09-30-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Basic Member
    I've done some searching, apparently after you verify game files and it says '4 files will be reacquired' or whatever, it means it's already gone ahead and done that.

Except every time I try to verify game files (I've done it three or four times so far, just to make sure) it tells me every time that there are 4 files that have failed to validate and will be reacquired.

Bleh, I was really looking forward to playing DoTA 2, looks like I'm stuck with LoL for now then.

When my computer says "Connecting to Dota network" it means "NOT connecting to Dota network" and this can mean that steam internets are down.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sureis View Post
    When my computer says "Connecting to Dota network" it means "NOT connecting to Dota network" and this can mean that steam internets are down.
    When I was trying to log in, I checked the Dota 2 steam page and it said x number of people are currently playing, where x was a really, really large number. I'm fairly certain that this is just happening to me. At the moment I just completely uninstalled steam and now I'm reinstalling it, that might fix the problem. I have to redownload DoTA 2 which is a pain, but oh well.

Basic Member
    This happens to me too, here's what happens to me.

If I close my game down and then re open it again it will go to the "Connecting to Dota 2 network" screen and it will stay there forever and not work.