Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Item Drop System

Dota 2 Item Drop System

hello everybody,

i have few questions on mind, i just want to get my facts str8 about this issue.
    i was told that each time u get a new lvlup that u would get an item, if that is true then i would like to report that i am lvl 24 atm and not everytime i lvled up i got an item, also sometimes i dont get any items for like 15 games in a row except for a witch doctor chest & a tide chest.
    some of the games i played i had rlly good score, some of the matches i have won without even dieing 1 single time at a game with a score like 12 kills and 0 death and 17 assist but still i dont recive any items.

is my account bugged or is this normal, could someone help me answer those questions??!!!

Basic Member
    you get an item everytime you hit a new level.
    sometimes they go straight to your backback.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    you get an item everytime you hit a new level.
    sometimes they go straight to your backback.
    if that is true, then if u could check my Dota 2 account info u will notice that i haven't got an item each time i hit a new level not always.
    i am lvl 24 now i am 100% positive that not every time i got a lvl up i have recived an item, u can check and see ur self.

Basic Member
    How exactly would we check and see ourselves? There are so many variables that we couldn't account for like trading items, deleting them, giving them to friends. And its not like every item is labeled "I GOT THIS ITEM FOR REACHING LEVEL X"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxalicious View Post
    i was told that each time u get a new lvlup that u would get an item, if that is true then i would like to report that i am lvl 24 atm and not everytime i lvled up i got an item
    You get one every time you reach a new level. I sometimes got the feeling I missed out one when I lvl up, too, but then find it in my backpack with the "You have new items" message.
    Maybe the displaying of those items after the games is a bit buggy?

also sometimes i dont get any items for like 15 games in a row except for a witch doctor chest & a tide chest.
    It's totally random if you get an item or not. Sadly, boxes count as items, so those games you were "lucky" in that you got an "item" drop...
    Happens to me a lot, too. But I also got a courier drop once :-) Don't loose hope.

some of the games i played i had rlly good score, some of the matches i have won without even dieing 1 single time at a game with a score like 12 kills and 0 death and 17 assist but still i dont recive any items.
    Like mentioned above, drop chance is totally random, and independent of your ingame performance.

thanks for ur answer guys but thats not the case, i am not a dummie nor do i have a back pack that contains 439267942 items.

i only got few items so its easy to notice if i have recived a new item when i lvled up or not, as i am saying that 100% positive that i didn't recive items when i lvled up why would i lie or make this up?

can someone help me out on this?

Basic Member
    You may have leveled before the item system was added?

Basic Member
    I can confirm this. One time I lvled up and the steam went offline as soon as the game had finished. I got neither xp nor item, but on the next game I was already lvl 11 (I was lvl 10 when this happened) but I didn't recieve any item.
    Last edited by yurirocha15; 10-02-2012 at 03:39 PM.

i am sure that i lvled up after the item drop system was added & i didn't get any items at all, can someone plz handle this.

i am 100% sure that i checked even the backpack no items was awarded when i lvled up.

as i am saying thats not with all the times i lvled up but mostly thats the case here, i dont get any item when i lvl up.

thou that i was using Battle Bonus so there should be a good reward, can any moderator help me on this plz?

for me its working perfectly, i got a item everytime i level up and about 1~2 items between levels from random drops