Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Lounge

Banned

Dota 2 Lounge

Hello,

I have a problem. I recently discovered all about this website called Dota2lounge.com and decided to try it on. Setup some trades and stuff. Then I realised that you could also bet on tournaments that are going on right now, so I also decided to give that a try and guess what? The website scammed me. Took my items from the bets and won't return them, which is required because one of the matches I bet on, I actually bet correctly and the team I bet on won the match. So I tried to contact the "admin" of the website and got nowhere, no response whatsoever (not surprised, to be honest).

I know this is not the place to look for a solution, but I wanted to share my experience with everyone and advise to avoid all interactions with that website, if you, in fact, enjoy having your items and not get scammed/jacked.

Thanks for your time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codibick View Post

I know this is not the place to look for a solution
    >_>

Thanks for the warning

Banned
    @Wiener You have anything useful to add? Then please save your silly comments to yourself. Thanks.

Basic Member
    @Wiener You have anything useful to add? Then please save your silly comments to yourself. Thanks.
    That was fairly useful. I believe you already knew that a third party site that isn't affiliated with Valve has no place on this forum. Sure you can warn people but you could do that on www.playdota.com

Not to mention you could just read the site rules and figure out that there is a disclaimer saying you have a chance of not getting the items you deserve. They just ban the people who do not pay up. Your warning is utterly useless because anyone that bothers to read the rules of the site wouldn't need to hear anything from you.

Banned
    Oh, I see. You must be one of the fan boys of that website. Still, this is a Dota 2 forum and my concern is about Dota 2 players. My point was to warn people about that website and be careful with it. Like I said before, if you don't have anything useful to add, keep your jibber jabber to a minimumm. Thanks again.

Basic Member
    Oh, I see. You must be one of the fan boys of that website. Still, this is a Dota 2 forum and my concern is about Dota 2 players. My point was to warn people about that website and be careful with it. Like I said before, if you don't have anything useful to add, keep your jibber jabber to a minimumm. Thanks again.
    My comment was very useful. If you weren't so upset that you were scammed you would see that. I don't even use that site, I just read the rules instead of losing my stuff and claiming I was scammed. You are spreading misinformation and I am correcting you. I would never use the site, as there is no way for them to force people to give up their items currently, but that doesn't mean other people shouldn't. There is a chance people will actually follow the rules in an attempt to continue using the site.

This is a Dota 2 development forum where you suggest things to make Dota 2 better and provide feedback for the devs. As the developers have no care for some third party site, why would your feedback on it belong on these forums?

I can keep repeating the same things because you don't seem to understand where I am coming from.

Nice that I found out about that topic. To OP - if you would mail me I would defiantly answer to you, and find a solution. I reply to 99% of emails, that 1% is when people ask me about obvious things. You weren't scammed by me or mine website. You were scammed by person who abused a bug, or you just don't know how to use it proper. You can search for mine profile on steam and see that I almost don't have any items. I don't use em. I even give away my own items to compensate those who lost theirs stuff.
    ----
    PS. There were "old betting" (before you find out about dota2lounge) - when people lost bet they should trade with winner and give him item(s). Everyone liked betting idea, but about 50% of people didn't want to give away items that they lost. Back then you would rage at them. Now you're raging at me...
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dot...60701020629187
    Last edited by borewik; 10-22-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Wiener with all respect,
    You are right in what you say but you have to admit that you come off as an asshole with these posts. His intention was good, and thats what matters. He even managed to make the apparently site owner reply with his thread (which shouldnt be here, i agree, but the outcome was positive after all) and there are already admins to close threads no need to throw in more fuel.

So much rage on DOTA forums, people can't be nice with each other and see the bright side of the things. Information is useful everywhere, no need to put the guy down just because this isn't the place. In fact, Valve developers see this forum for real, so they can create a big advice for things like that (there are many already if im not mistaken).