Thread: Dota 2 on Intel Graphics HD 4000

Basic Member

Dota 2 on Intel Graphics HD 4000

I recently got a new laptop, an Asus K55A. It has the new gen of Intel's Core processors, Ivy Bridge. It's not bad, since it's a cheap laptop.

Most people say that you can't play any game on integrated graphics. Well, they are wrong. I decided to try Dota 2 on my laptop, and it runs flawlessly. But don't get your hopes up, the game won't look beautiful, since the graphic settings are low. Still, it manages 45-50 fps, which is very, very impressive, and that means that you can raise some graphical settings too, in exchange with some fps.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQzYF79FC5I

The HD4000 is actually a very good chip from Intel. We talked about the HD3000 and the chips before. But it is only good for a maximum resolution of 1366*768. In 1080p it isn't good at all.
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Agreed, I ran it okay on 1900xsomething resolution with HD3000 (my videocard was being RMA'd so I had to wait), and it looked awful xD, but still playable-ish.

HD4000 on the other hand is an amazing integrated card, and many people know that. It's just mainly on newer laptops/mobos though. A lot of people complaining don't have very recent laptops.

Basic Member
    Yeah, the HD 3000 is considerably weaker than the new version. Still, they are both integrated cards, and you'll be missing on eye candy.

But Intel messed up with their marketing, confusing everyone. HD 3000 graphics come with 'Sandy Bridge' CPU's, which are the Core i3/5/7, that start with 2xxx. HD 4000 is integrated with the 'Ivy Bridge' CPU's, and they start with 3xxx.