Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant disconnects from games

Basic Member

Constant disconnects from games

I have been playing dota 2 for quite a while now. Recently, I changed my internet connection and router from broadband to fibre optic. After the change, I've been constantly disconnecting from dota 2 games, especially at the start. I get the red words warning telling me I will automatically disconnect in 25s almost all the time. Usually, it clears up after 2 - 3 reconnects but sometimes it just constantly disconnects me and forces me to abandon the game as I am unable to even start playing. The strange thing is that my internet connection (including steam) is completely unaffected during these disconnects. I am even able to message my friends via steam chat to let them know I am disconnecting and to pause the game.

edit: This also occurs when attempting to spectate games.
    Last edited by trolltato; 10-25-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Basic Member
    I am also experiencing this curse. I am trying to maintain my 66% winrate but now i got a lot of #$% abandons ALL because of that issue.

These are what I have tried but did NOT work:

1. quit dota 2 -> open dota 2 -> reconnect
    2. quit dota 2 -> exit steam -> relogin steam -> open dota 2 -> reconnect
    3. close all torrents, download managers, updates, & ALL non-windows programs just to make sure.
    4. that TCPview Thingy (closing connections)...

These are the only thing that works ALL THE TIME:

1. quit dota 2 -> restart PC -> log-in steam (mine automatically log-ins on startup) -> open dota 2 -> reconnect.
    ^ This works all the time for me. But those scumbag players can't even wait for me for just 2-3 minutes. therefore : ABANDON.

I am using a laptop connecting via my home router.

Basic Member
    My problem is not the same as yours, isnalla. I am able to reconnect, but I am constantly disconnected again. It usually clears up after a few minutes but every now and then, it disconnects me so much that I "abandon" the game. Any help?

Basic Member
    Still having the same problem. I've tried forwarding ports for steam but it has not helped. Can anyone help me? I've been getting abandons because of this and it's making the game pretty much unplayable.

Basic Member
    It's been ages since I've had this problem and there hasn't been even a hint of a suggestion or solution. Some help here please, devs or anyone technically savvy.

Basic Member
    still not fix
    bumppppp

The Devs dont care about us anymore ......

I have the same thing .

Basic Member
    Apparently lots of people are with this problem, me for example.
    My game crashed and people didn't pause the game, so when I came back I got abandonment and boom, Low Priority for 1 day.

Since Diretide came out, I was doing, like, 10 matches or more a day. I was filling up my inventory and finishing my egg, but now... 10 not-played matches.

Basic Member
    I'm having the same problem, and today it has been a constant, its unplayable!!!