Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Add tips on loading screen

Basic Member

Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Add tips on loading screen

A lot of games have tips during the loading time. As the game which requires a lot of knowledge I think it would be really nice if Dota 2 had this feature.

Imagine some kind of background with sentences like "Every hero has base magical resistance of 25%" for people in low-mid level bracket and some advanced tips for high skill bracket like "Large Golem Camp and Lizard Camp on ancients spots provide higher experience but less gold gain than Dragon Camp". It can also be some kind of interesting trivias regarding heroes' lore "Axe, Disruptor and Warlock are of the same race called Oglodi" or Dota history background "Eul's Scepter was named after one of the founders of Dota"

+1

It's a nice idea and I support it but the only time I ever see the load screen is the very first load. Every other subsequent load is practically lightning fast so I never see the load screen.

Basic Member
    I would rather have a X to replace the current loading screen
    • loading bar
    • tips are ok
      1. Change each loading screen
    • Cinematic
      1. Changes after each level you gain
      2. Can be accessed at main screen
      3. will give people a purpose for gaining levels besides gaining hats
      4. Option to skip loading screen cinematic and go to tips/loading bar
      5. tells a continuous story
    Last edited by Pandahunt; 11-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Basic Member
    I really like this idea. It might make some new players curious about the mechanics, and would give everyone something to do while the game loads. If this doesn't work, a loading screen designed by kunkka would be nice.

Basic Member
    Exactly like TF2! That would be awesome.

Basic Member
    One of the main reasons why I think this would work is that it will be really easy to implement comparing to Kunkka's artworks or some kind of cinematics. Besides with each update it would also be easy to add couple of new tips so that when game is realised there will be a lot of them.

+1

+1 even Im very long time dota player, its nice to let know newcomers and refresh some minor mechanics and some lore to oldies

Basic Member
    I think this is a great idea. To add to it, what if the community could submit tips to be put up on the loading screen, so Valve had a large amount to pool from? It could be a section in the workshop (although obviously successful suggestions wouldn't earn revenue), with Valve employees screening potential candidates and fixing any necessary grammar/spelling for the final version.