Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Unusual Greevil Egg Scammers

  1. #1
    Basic Member DeathCult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    268

    Unusual Greevil Egg Scammers

    The introduction of greevil eggs into the trading system has resulted in a lot of scams. And the inability to check how many essences has been added into an egg is the prime reason behind it. I personally have been scammed twice on a single day.

    The first scam was when the guy promised me an egg with 3x unusual added on it, and nothing else in it. Just to be sure, I asked for a screenshot, which he gave. It looked genuine, but only after I completed the trade and checked my inventory I found that he had scammed me. He had just given me an empty egg, 5$ in the store. But he had taken from me an unusual DT wardog. As all scammers do, he immediatly blocked me and removed me after the trade.

    The second scam was very similar. This time I was promised an egg with a greedy egg configuration with 3x unusual essences. This again turned out to be normal egg. I had asked for a screenshot, which turned out to be perfectly edited. I lost an unusual seraphic aura greevil + a timebreaker.

    Now all that I can do is report to steam support, steamrep and wait. I do hope and pray that I get my unusual couriers and timebreaker back.

    I want to bring this to the attention of dota 2 devs, so that more people will not get affected. Please replace this system of eggs, with a fool proof alternative. I cannot stress enough that this causes a lot of frustration, as I did not indulge in anything outside of steam's trade guidelines.

    Hoping for a quick resolution of this issue from dota 2 devs.

    EDIT: I got screenshots of all converstations saved, including my trade history.
    Last edited by DeathCult; 11-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks


  2. #2
    Basic Member frankles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Why can't you just make them hatch it and look at the "effect" part in their description.
    http://imgur.com/a/ZuSYx#C4t2s
    this link shows you the effect names.

    I believe are all different named effects depending on how many unusuals you have in them.
    eg. My friends 1 unusual sepharic effect is called "Sanct Air"
    my 2 unusual sepharic effect is called "Sanct Ambience"
    the link shows that 3x unusal sepharic is called "Sanct Aura"

    PS. I'm not sure about every other colours "effect" line if they are different depending on the amount of unusuals you on them but they are different for sepharic.

  3. #3
    Basic Member DeathCult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    Why can't you just make them hatch it and look at the "effect" part in their description.
    http://imgur.com/a/ZuSYx#C4t2s
    this link shows you the effect names.

    I believe are all different named effects depending on how many unusuals you have in them.
    eg. My friends 1 unusual sepharic effect is called "Sanct Air"
    my 2 unusual sepharic effect is called "Sanct Ambience"
    the link shows that 3x unusal sepharic is called "Sanct Aura"

    PS. I'm not sure about every other colours "effect" line if they are different depending on the amount of unusuals you on them but they are different for sepharic.
    I do know which name stands for which level of unusual. These guys persistently refused to hatch the egg. Stating that they can trade their unusual essences that they got in their inventory for a shadow essence, and make their egg into a dreaded egg. They claim in return that I would make them hatch the egg, and get away which would incur a loss for them.
    Also the guys with empty egg would not hatch saying that they got no common essence that they can add to the egg. But have an egg with 3x unusual essences added into it.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks


  4. #4
    Basic Member frankles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCult View Post
    I do know which name stands for which level of unusual. These guys persistently refused to hatch the egg. Stating that they can trade their unusual essences that they got in their inventory for a shadow essence, and make their egg into a dreaded egg. They claim in return that I would make them hatch the egg, and get away which would incur a loss for them.
    Also the guys with empty egg would not hatch saying that they got no common essence that they can add to the egg. But have an egg with 3x unusual essences added into it.
    Don't be so gullible. Just don't trade them if that's the case. Is the risk really worth the reward? You either get a fair trade or you lose your items and if the trade is in your favour then its most likely a scam.

  5. #5
    Basic Member DeathCult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    Don't be so gullible. Just don't trade them if that's the case. Is the risk really worth the reward? You either get a fair trade or you lose your items and if the trade is in your favour then its most likely a scam.
    Yes, I didnt know that scams happen like this. My inexperience is another prime reason.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks


  6. #6
    Basic Member frankles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCult View Post
    Yes, I didnt know that scams happen like this. My inexperience is another prime reason.
    Live and you learn. Just be happy you only lost money unless you built your way up to the items you lost by trading and trading which then the only thing you lost is time.

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    88
    Like you, I met a guy who were trying to sell me a seraphic egg with 3x unusual in it for 6 keys. I asked for a screenshot, and it sent one. It was real. Then, after when I check his inventory I realize that he has 2 seraphic eggs. I asked about eggs, and he said that both of the eggs contain 3x unusual essences. So I immediatly reject his offer because I am %100 percent sure that I was going to be scammed. There is no way he can prove me that both of his eggs contain 3x unusual essences. He cant send a screenshot that can prove both eggs has 3x unussual. Also, 1-2 months ago, I got scammed a guy who promised me to pay 70 dolars to my unussual stampy . So, here is just few common points on all scams:
    1- Extremly cheap prices
    2- Insisted sellers
    3- A point where you cannot pass unless you trust him

  8. #8
    Basic Member frankles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by umuk View Post
    Like you, I met a guy who were trying to sell me a seraphic egg with 3x unusual in it for 6 keys. I asked for a screenshot, and it sent one. It was real. Then, after when I check his inventory I realize that he has 2 seraphic eggs. I asked about eggs, and he said that both of the eggs contain 3x unusual essences. So I immediatly reject his offer because I am %100 percent sure that I was going to be scammed. There is no way he can prove me that both of his eggs contain 3x unusual essences. He cant send a screenshot that can prove both eggs has 3x unussual. Also, 1-2 months ago, I got scammed a guy who promised me to pay 70 dolars to my unussual stampy . So, here is just few common points on all scams:
    1- Extremly cheap prices
    2- Insisted sellers
    3- A point where you cannot pass unless you trust him
    Doesn't need to be extremely cheap. Not many people would want to go through with an unfair trade to a stranger so best bet is to stay with even trades.

  9. #9
    Basic Member stbash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    718
    This doesn't really belong on the Dota2 dev forum. You can post this on playdota.com.

    If you have an issue please just fill out a steam support ticket on the steam support page. https://support.steampowered.com/

  10. #10
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    124
    Do not trade eggs... it's stupid unless it's with a close friend.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •