Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Trading policy vs Greevil Egg Scams

Steam Trading policy vs Greevil Egg Scams

I just read in Steam Trading policy that the items that are traded off in a trade will not be restored at all ,here, https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...9958-MJDG-3003.

We all know that there is no way to check for the number of unusual essences that is present in an egg. This is entirely the fault of Dota 2 developers that they didnt implement/include any form of depiction for the number of unusual essences that is currently inside an egg. And so I can never know what is inside an egg unless I complete the trade. I really want a proper response from the developers regarding this issue. How can you create a system that allows people to exploit, even after knowing and having a policy that you would not return items? Even after it is clear that it is a faulty design right from the start?

I am outraged by this system and I feel cheated by valve and dota 2 developers. I have reported the two scams that has happened to me on steamrep.com and also submitted tickets on steam support. Here is the first one , and here is the second one.

PS: I do not care if this is not the place where I can talk about this. I sure have lost my trust in valve and dota 2 developers for implementing such a system.

EDIT: If you have lost any items that is worth trying to get back, then post on this thread stating what you have lost and for which kind of egg. It is clear that this is a design fault. So feel free to drop a message to Icefrog or any number of dota 2 developer(s) so that they take note of this crisis and help us out.
    Creating a ticket on steam support will get you directed to contact the dota 2 devs. But that is not a reason not to create a ticket and tell them about the scam.
    Last edited by DeathCult; 11-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks

Basic Member
    Ever played Diablo 2?

You choose to trade for mystery boxes, they have worthless content, your fault.

Basic Member
    Not like anyone forced you to trade? Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!..

You want to compare Dota 2 and Diablo 2? I am talking about a faulty design with a perfect loophole for scammers. Not about taking chances. We already got treasure boxes for that in dota 2.
    My Dota 2 workshop AceMcShanks

Basic Member
    Cant you see unusual essences of greevil then egg is hatched?

If someone's life is problem, his death can be solution. Maybe not good from moral point of view but in the same time very effective

Basic Member
    Trade it in real time cam at Skype or something like that :P

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=63298

I reported the same guy, for doing the same thing (he's even impersonating me, as slashex/gboon are my names). He hasn't been on for two days and still has the items on his account, so they may have locked his account. (I didn't even get scammed by the guy, a friend did). I also reported his main account here (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006651418/) for impersonating as well.

Basic Member
    It's your own fault. You traded for eggs knowing that you couldn't tell what essences were inside therefore as far as the trading system was concerned your trade was for the egg itself, not the essence. The person is a scammer and should be reported on all steam trading sites, sure, but it has nothing to do with Valve itself.

Sure Valve could have implemented a system so that players trading could see what was inside of the egg but it's really not a huge deal. They need to work on more important things like adding a ladder system and proper rankings, etc.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCult View Post
    PS: I do not care if this is not the place where I can talk about this. I sure have lost my trust in valve and dota 2 developers for implementing such a system.
    Your problem is oh so known 'cos it was reported on dota2 item trading related sites a lot of times. Just wait a little, usually developers are quick to fix gamestore bugs but i think they all got an easy week 'cos of Thxgiving.

Anyway, even if this forum is filled with rude gestures and insulting people left and right is a norm of life here, it does not mean you should do the same. Saying that you have no believe in developers and ask them to do something in the same sentence sounds a bit weird.

GOD I DO NOT BELIEVE IN YOU, DO SOMETHING! cough cough