Thread: Dota 2 Won't launch

Dota 2 Won't launch

I just got in yesturday and after I install Dota 2 when I try to launch the game I get the "game is currently unavailable" even though the servers are up. I tried reinstalling Steam and Dota 2 and I still get the same problem, Currently playing on a Mac boot camp partition of Windows 7

Basic Member
    I've got this problem too, tried playing on an iMac with boot camp windows 7 64 bit and got the exact same error... hope there is some sort of fix for this tried reinstalling 3 times, the problem ( i think ) is that all the files required aren't created for some reason... for example I don't have a dota.exe file in the steam/steamapps/common/dota2beta folder, whereas my friends do, I don't know what other files are missing...

Basic Member
    Hi, this still doesn't work, and I get the same error message. I tried installing on another desktop and it works ( although the desktop isn't good enough to run it properly, at least it loads ), then I tried copying the game from that desktop to my iMac in boot camp with windows 7, and it still doesn't load... Tried verifying the game cache and all the support from valve forums regarding this error message with no luck..

also, even though I copied everything from the old desktop to the iMac, after trying to run dota2, the error appears and the dota.exe file from steamapps/common/dota2beta disappears...

I'm having basically the same problem. However, I double click Dota2 on the windows 7 ultimate (32bit) desktop on my boot camped mac book pro and a window saying "preparing to launch game" comes up for about 1.5 seconds. Then the window just disappears. I thought maybe that was typical so I just let it sit there thinking it would just load up. I came back somewhere around a half hour later and still nothing. Any ideas?

Basic Member

Dota 2 wont launch

I also having the same problem.. Whn i click play it appear pepare launching dota 2 but nothing came out... please explain and how us to solve it