Thread: Dota 2 crashes as soon as game loads

Basic Member

Dota 2 crashes as soon as game loads

Hi,

No matter if I'm watching a game or playing a game, whenever it finishes loading my computer ends up restarting 2 seconds after I see the screen. I don't think it's a BSOD as only a black screen appears following with a restart. I have recently upgraded the cpu, ram, psu and motherboard.

My computer specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 3.2Ghz
    GFX: Asus GTX 560
    RAM: 2x 4gb Stronium Ram
    PSU: 625W

I have formatted, tried reinstalling drivers but still doesn't work. I thought it has something to do with my graphics card? But that's also new and with my previous desktop setup, i used the same graphics card and dota2 worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Basic Member
    Nvm, I found the problem. Turns out my gfx card wasn't receiving enough power.

Basic Member
    but sir how did you solve the problem? im struggling with the same thing though yesterday afternoon i had only OBSERVER version of dota and it worked just fine, in the evening i received PLAYABLE dota from my friend and since then, just when i get into game i can see the map and minimap, the hud is blackened and the screen frozen. after a few seconds the screen blackened BUT i can hear all the sounds and for example alt-tab out of it etc. i also figured out its got to do with my GFX but it seems nonsense since i DIDNT change ANYTHING from the afternoon to the evening. then it worked, now it doesnt. can i somehow direct the power to my GFX?

Basic Member
    How did you fix it? I am having the same problem.