Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbadon for DOTA 2

Basic Member

Abbadon for DOTA 2

It's funny that I've been having a great idea for some time but I haven't felt like posting it until now and now everybody is doing lore for Abbadon, but reading their ideas I'm starting to think of an awesome way of mixing it all together

How I see Abbadon in DOTA 2 is a knight, a knight who has been infested by a demonic sword (a frostmourne equivalent but not quite) that feeds on his youth. I am thinking that the nature of the sword/his powers should be life force related.

What I would really like to see of what I wrote above is this (this is what first came to my mind): How about we have a hero that grows younger as he gets wounded? So picture this:

Abbadon was a once noble paladin who had dedicated his life to find out the secrets of vitality. During his studies he found evidence of an ancient relic that could give immortality. Struck by curiosity he dug deeper into the dust filled pages of old books through out various libraries that seemed to somehow connect. The first, where he had found the legend, sent him directly to the second, the second to the third, it was a path nobody had found before. Like a carefully plotted plan the books followed consecutively, an obvious intention, maybe too obvious to some. Yet the knight had no second thoughts. Book after book he read, his curiosity became obsession, his mind could not see this obvious deception. He found the last book without any sort of trouble, he found the location of his craved artifact just as easily. Not a single doubt did he have when he picked up the crystal sword. A green crystal sword, with a yellow glow and a jade hilt, it was heavy but it seemed to lose weight the longer you held it. The knight was amazed, Abbadon had no clue wether he was immortal or not but the fact that the sword itself was getting lighter and lighter was making him euphoric. He only realized what trap it had all been when he woke up 50 years older the following hour, with the sword strongly anchored in his hand. He tried to suicide, but the sword had other plans, plans his body followed, because it had a new master.

I would describe Abbadons avatar as an old dreaded knight on a scary horse with a green crystal sword (direstone) that has a yellow gas inside and a yellow glow. The swords hilt is connected in his hand with jade tendrils that can be seen to sprout out of his whole body and also the horses body. The sword speaks most of the verbal responses of Abbadon, the knight himself has a few responses. They both speak through the mouth as if he had twin personality.

Dying: I am free!
    Respawning: No...... Sword: Back to your cage fool!
    When attacked: Aghh (attempt at freeing himself) Sword: No!

The more wounded Abbadon is the less tendrils there are in his body and the horses body, and he gets younger, his horse gets younger and less scary.
    When badly wounded Abbadon looks like a white paladin on a white horse with the sword in his hand, only connected at his wrist. Basically the sword feeds on Abbadons life force (youth) and when he dies the connection breaks, now you might ask what happens with the young paladin and his white horse, i'll explain the death animation at the end.

When his ultimate is activated he gets older as he gets healed (His 100% HP state is old and grey)

Ultimate response (one of them): You think I'm getting old because I'm dying?

Now for the skills descriptions:
    (Also there need to be new names but I can't think of anything good right now, I would love to hear suggestions)

Death coil - Visual description: a tendril sprouts from the sword and into the target
    "Abbadon trades the vitality of others like he traded his."

Apothic shield - Visual description: a bubble, for him and allies it gets red and compact the closer it is to bursting
    "Death comes to those who serve it."

Frostmourne - Visual description: the sword absorbs some vitality from the target (The sword pulsates with energy as it touches the victim)
    "A taste of your old days, if you catch them..."

The idea here is that the sword taps in the vitality of the target and lets others feast on it (so they get younger and faster) while the victim is slow because it is old during that moment.

Now the last idea is the death of Abbadon. When he receives the killing blow the connecting tendrils and the sword shatter, the paladin and the horse turn to ashes.
    The principle is that while the sword was feeding on Abbadons youth it was also keeping him immune to the passing of time. When the symbiosis ends the knight turns to ashes because were it not for the sword he would have died of old age a long time ago.

Now that's about it, I know there is a lot of lore to this hero but mine brings an unusual concept and also a new type of personality none of the other heroes have. I would really appreciate if this ended up in the game .
    Also I know that in the end the heroes name won't be Abbadon so feel free to replace it with any other name that fits in better.

Thank you for reading! Please give your feedback
    Last edited by mad_ideaz; 12-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Incredible. +1!!

Basic Member
    Thank you , do you have any suggestions for the new skill names or the new hero name?

Basic Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BydYgfCmekQ

You have too much free time, +1

Nice read man, but the hero responses are a bit too peachy. Stereotypes like "I am free" can be replaced with something else maybe?
    However, the amount of visual changes to the hero would destroy users with low spec computers .
    Excellent imagination overall.

Thank you , do you have any suggestions for the new skill names or the new hero name?
    The hero name should be something close to your lore: Disgraced, Scorned, Vile? (He's a baddy now)
    Random peachy skill names:
    1. Eternal Sacrifice (you lose health, allies gain, enemies lose)
    2. Vicious Deterrence (you get shielded then it explodes)
    3. This skill should have the green sword's name: [insert_random_cool_name]
    4. Knight's Torment (you gain your youth/health by taking damage)
    Last edited by Xargs; 01-03-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Basic Member
    A man possessed by talking sword? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rasielll View Post
    A man possessed by talking sword? I like it.
    The sword should talk through him, else it would be lame and childish.

Basic Member
    It would be Dota 2 style: exploitable for tons of humorous things and still possible to be serious.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xargs View Post
    Nice read man, but the hero responses are a bit too peachy. Stereotypes like "I am free" can be replaced with something else maybe?
    However, the amount of visual changes to the hero would destroy users with low spec computers .
    Excellent imagination overall.

The hero name should be something close to your lore: Disgraced, Scorned, Vile? (He's a baddy now)
    Random peachy skill names:
    1. Eternal Sacrifice (you lose health, allies gain, enemies lose)
    2. Vicious Deterrence (you get shielded then it explodes)
    3. This skill should have the green sword's name: [insert_random_cool_name]
    4. Knight's Torment (you gain your youth/health by taking damage)
    I'm thinking he needs a name that would fit also before he was possessed since he wasn't a baddy back then.
    Of course you can replace stereotypical responses with something creative, but most likely valve will release him with pun responses which are really getting on my nerves. The last thing I want to hear is "the sword finally Abbadoned me".

I like most of them