Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dota 2 patrol command needed!

Basic Member

dota 2 patrol command needed!

Anyone know if they talked anything about it? Every single RTS/Moba game has one, if they don't... they should seriously add it.

In DotA you could use the patrol command for many various stuff to gain map control with heroes like rexar and visage, which made them more viable for people that couldn't be bothered to shift everything a million times.
    Just give us the patrol command, can't be hard to add.

Banned
    Also add a macro that does the last hits for you because that is too hard

Banned
    ^Troll

Patrol was coded in dota 1, sooner or later Valve will implement it. (I hope.)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dran View Post
    Also add a macro that does the last hits for you because that is too hard
    You never played dota right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenethoric View Post
    ^Troll

Patrol was coded in dota 1, sooner or later Valve will implement it. (I hope.)
    They really should, hope they get their act together and add it.

Basic Member
    Honestly, since Watchers haven't existed for a long time, I can't think of a real reason to implement a patrol feature. Nothing would actually use it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    Honestly, since Watchers haven't existed for a long time, I can't think of a real reason to implement a patrol feature. Nothing would actually use it.
    Beastmaster's hawk, Enigma's minions... Every single summoned unit benefits from patrolling. Just because YOU don't play micro-intensive hero's you shouldn't decide over such features.

Use the search function next time. People have already created several threads asking about patrol.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=58025
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=45785

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.

Basic Member
    Use it to avoid/cheat the current afk system.

I would only support this if any exp gained while executing patrol commands does NOT count towards the 5 minute no-exp-gets-abandon timeout.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zamba View Post
    Use it to avoid/cheat the current afk system.

I would only support this if any exp gained while executing patrol commands does NOT count towards the 5 minute no-exp-gets-abandon timeout.
    Of course, that's easy to fix.

Basic Member
    Beastmaster's hawk, Enigma's minions... Every single summoned unit benefits from patrolling. Just because YOU don't play micro-intensive hero's you shouldn't decide over such features.
    Lawls, don't make assumptions scrublet. I'm on a 77% winrate with BM and 83% with Enigma; they're some of my most successful heroes.

The Hawk is extremely vulnerable if you move it constantly, while Eidolons need to be constantly rotated to keep them all alive for as long as possible, meaning patrol commands would rarely last longer than 10 seconds or so.

Likewise for any other summon. The only one that could get away with it is the non-attacking, invisible Watchers. Anything else would suicide against the first target it came across.