Thread: Custom game servers

Basic Member

Custom game servers

Hello everyone on Dota 2 Dev.

I thought I'd make my first post a simple enquiry.

Is it possible to host a dedicated Dota 2 server/lobby for others to join?

I see that there is an upcoming LAN feature, but will we be able to open it to the public as an internet lobby?

The reason behind me asking this simple question is that there is no official game server here, and we get 200-300 ping to the nearest server.
    So it would be nice to have a lower latency when playing a fun game/tournament over here.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Heartburst.

NB: If another thread like this exists, please remove this and pm me the link to the other thread! Thanks

Banned
    "Is it possible to host a dedicated Dota 2 server/lobby for others to join?"

Yes it is. Except you're pretty much limited to your friends list because of how password system works.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post

Yes it is. Except you're pretty much limited to your friends list because of how password system works.
    I understand that, but I still have to choose an official game server from the list. I want to be able to host my own for people to join, is that eventually going to be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post

You can't host your own Dota2 server.

I ahve made this same question over and over again and I have never got an answer.