Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leavers makes DotA 2 unplayable

Basic Member
    that's odd. coz i rarely matched with leavers, but when i look up recent game replays, like 80% of them(a bit exaggerated) end prematurely
    maybe those r smurf accounts? i heard someone switches to another account when he is in low priority, and he has many accounts so basically he abandon the games whenever he wants

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    i checked my dotabuff profile and...in last 10 pages of match history (200matches) only 2 ended before min 20
    Your matches. But the average must be way higher as you see. I also had a leaver almost every match when I had only 100 games played.

I dunno... Played smth like ~300matches so far (pitiful but whatever..) and I hardly ever have leavers in my games. Also, go to single draft. All pick is beyond repair and full of Russians. (Hardly any leavers, but terribad attitude. )
    Last edited by Shibubu; 01-05-2013 at 04:23 AM.

I've a bit less then 600 Dota 2 games currently and I bet I had only 10 real early game leavers, if not less.

Basic Member
    I don't know i almost never have a leaver. I got some at the beginning sometimes because they bug or some shit like that but almost never in the middle for ragequit and i only played 200 games.

But 50 games might be too low, it also depends on your MM level (it seems that the w/l ratio doesn't really matter). If you're really low you are with all the retards and the new people who get a key and try it with no clue about wtf is Dota. They don't get it, they leave.

Basic Member
    I wouldn't say that leavers make the game unplayable, but they are indeed too common a problem. Particularly deliberate looking disconnects are surprisingly frequent which hints that penalties for such behaviour aren't weighty enough.

Have had a leaver twice in my last 50 games. Even less before that. Not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    https://dotabuff.com/matches
    90% to 95% of all games get abandoned before 20th minute.
    Look these matches

all of them are leavers :/
    Why we don't stop trolls?
    If you see a player feeding, abusing skills or talking garbage just ignore him and soon he will fall in his own trap.

Ignore trolls make the dota 2 community a better game.

Basic Member
    You do realize that in order to punish them they have to be reported soooooooo if they do it alot that means multiple people are reporting them and they probably are being punished. But to add to this punishing them won't stop them from making another account. Also you can't remove the option to leave because what is stopping someone from just afk-ing not to mention they get an abandonment. Oh and after a certain amount they get punished. Just look at your profile on dota it has an abandonment counter so it keeps track. So this sums up to is that they already have it fixed there is nothing wrong and if you have 60% win rate your fine. I know people who have no leavers and they go positive every game and they have a 50%. Which means your doing fine. Moral of it all is you can't control what others do if they can't leave they will just afk. Not raging or being an ass I am just stating a point.