Thread: microphone suddenly stopped working

Basic Member

microphone suddenly stopped working

Dota 2 is detecting another mic in my system that I cannot remove or disable and using that for the default in-game voice. I'm using it for line to winamp for visualization effects on pandora. Dota 2 really needs a select mic input option. I'm not sure why this suddenly stopped working and it decided to choose another mic, but I can't talk to others in game until t his is fixed. I have checked the steam options, they had no effect.
    twitch.tv/blindpanda1 [1080p] DotA 2 Live Gaming Stream w/ Trivia!

Basic Member
    Bump for a solution. There's gotta be a config file somewhere I can edit for this...

Basic Member
    Any dev who has mic input in his game and doesn't offer option to choose said input, needs DIE in a FIRE. That is all. I'm still completely unable to speak to my teammates in game.

Basic Member
    Please this is RUINING the game experience for me! Windows default recording device is set correctly, windows default communications device is set correctly, steam voice is set correctly, your piece of shit software without mic selection possible? SET WRONG!

Basic Member
    Still ruining my experience, but I found a solution. Make sure everyone in your group has Skype don't play with randoms and toss the in-game chat system in the rubbage bin like we've done with every other in-game voice in the world.