Thread: Least Banned & Picked Heroes tournament mode

Basic Member

Lightbulb Least Banned & Picked Heroes tournament mode

Hello Dota 2 devs and players!

I've been watching dozens of tournament replays lately and it's getting really boring as basicly the same ~20-25 heroes gets picked & banned every time.
    Then I saw the latest patch that featured the Least Played Heroes mode and it gave me an idea about bringing same kind of mechanic for tournaments.

The teams would have to innovate new lineups and strategies instead of relying on their good 'ol bread and butter.

How to determine which heroes are most picked & banned?

Extract the bans and picks data from all the tournaments played last year and change it yearly.

or

Instead of changing it yearly, make it dynamic.

Is there anyone else who would like to see more variations in pro games?

If pro games are boring for you don't watch them. There are players who enjoy playing the same hero 1000+ times in a row and didn't get bored yet
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Basic Member
    It's a nice idea, but somewhat of a statistical nightmare.
    If you want tournaments with a greater variety of heroes, I think it'd be easier to wait for the implementation of Captain's Draft and just hope some tournaments will run with that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I think it'd be easier to wait for the implementation of Captain's Draft and just hope some tournaments will run with that.
    This would be great.