Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: REQUEST FOR DEV CLARIFICATION: 3rd Party Privacy

Basic Member
    so you can keep hiding behind your finger, otherwise you wouldn't give 2 shits

I've tested on the test client - all MM games still appear in the listings, and all match details are still available for MM games, except a player with privacy on has a junk number in the account_id field. Any non player related data collection will still work fine, and players with privacy off have their correct account_id.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAndrews View Post
    I've tested on the test client - all MM games still appear in the listings, and all match details are still available for MM games, except a player with privacy on has a junk number in the account_id field. Any non player related data collection will still work fine, and players with privacy off have their correct account_id.
    Does the junk ID remain the same across games, or is it randomised?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Does the junk ID remain the same across games, or is it randomised?
    It should remain the same the way I described it earlier.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lajkonik View Post
    It should remain the same the way I described it earlier.
    so what you're saying is, that basicly every private player has his personal junk number (that remains the same over time) which is like an anonymous steam-ID that can't be linked to it's real steam-ID but for sure can be linked to a single private profile?
    Does this include old match data, too? or does it only affect the match data after the patch?

Basic Member
    Wait so does this mean that ranking systems can still work if we can rank how good a junk number is.

I think all of our common questions will be answered today when the patch come live.
    We could see the mechanics of this private settings after digging on those 3rd party stats site...

Also, AFAIK ingame history games stays the same right? I can still dig and dig upon someone's profile, i just wont have that infos that other sites provides like win rate, with who he plays, etc..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAndrews View Post
    This is just great!

So the average player will see those random numbers, get confused and ask people why that is happening. They will get to know about the UI option and some will make their profiles public.

Hell. It just ocurred to me that having your profile in private mode will get you flamed.

Not everything is lost!

That changelog was the very first time Valve truly disappointed me in years.

I want to know where I stand in the community. I want to know what kind of players i'm being matched with. It seems Valve is worried about how DBR will show how poor their matchmaking system is right now.

Basic Member
    My assumption is that you won't see DBR of other players unless you pay for DotaBuff subscription. See sister project of DotaBuff with ELO shenanigans in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Treads View Post
    My assumption is that you won't see DBR of other players unless you pay for DotaBuff subscription. See sister project of DotaBuff with ELO shenanigans in place.
    In which case, what is the problem? I doubt people are going to pay for stats simply to flame each other...