Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Custom Item Builds Missing

In-Game Custom Item Builds Missing

I am missing the ability to use my pre-made item builds. I spend over 10 hours researching and entering custom item builds and they are all unavailable.

Is there a reason for this, will I be able to access them, is it a bug?

Thank you,

-InsaneColeTrain

Basic Member
    Yeah this is a serious problem for me too. At first I thought they simply removed the lists (which would be a SERIOUS bummer) and made you edit builds for each individual hero, but apparently that's not the case either. You see, if you save a build now, it simply reverts to the default one next time round. I really hope I didn't lose all my old item builds.

Basic Member
    Confirming this, my custom item builds are also gone ingame.
    It happened after today's (25/1/2013) update.
    This thread also contains a screenshot of how the shop currently displays the custom build list.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTAN-501 View Post
    Yeah this is a serious problem for me too. At first I thought they simply removed the lists (which would be a SERIOUS bummer) and made you edit builds for each individual hero, but apparently that's not the case either. You see, if you save a build now, it simply reverts to the default one next time round. I really hope I didn't lose all my old item builds.
    Don't think the builds we've made so far will disappear since they're still in the steam folder that contains all the builds, which is in the C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\XXXXX\570\remote directory meaning they haven't been deleted, just aren't appearing ingame.
    Last edited by sharkz0r; 01-25-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Yep, it's happening to me too, I assume it's the same for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by sharkz0r View Post
    Don't think the builds we've made so far will disappear since they're still in the steam folder that contains all the builds, which is in the C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\XXXXX\570\remote directory meaning they haven't been deleted, just aren't appearing ingame.
    At least that's a relief, they can fix it back.

+

Basic Member
    +1
    it is a failure, return!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    +
    ... so this is being looked into, I'm assuming? I'd really like to get to use my custom build that I've worked hard on and until that happens I don't think I can enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Komanche View Post
    ... so this is being looked into, I'm assuming? I'd really like to get to use my custom build that I've worked hard on and until that happens I don't think I can enjoy the game.
    I'm just confirming/showing support.

Basic Member
    I've opened up a thread in the Gameplay Bugs subforum, incl. screenshot + game ID in case a dev can look into that? Glad to see I'm not the only one though. Please fix this quickly, it makes the game really unenjoyable having to sift through the shop manually for each game and trying to remember the old build.

Edit: A 3rd thread was opened on this issue as well. Here is a link in case one thread get's more attention than the others:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=70769
    Last edited by pugna; 01-25-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Please fix/revert this, asap...
    Thx
    General Ranked Matchmaking Feedback Thread - Share your experience.
    Which modes should be available in ranked matchmaking? - Let's try to make something important happen.

Phase 1: Collect Underpants
    Phase 2: ?
    Phase 3: Profit