Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Spirit Panda, please delete from store.

Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    On the subject of the lone monk, you'd probably be right, since we haven't seen any hero being altered in the slightest since their release, with the excpetions of Lion and Vengeful Spirit.
    Feels like the community will accept any hero release at this point, no matter how silly the end result will be compared to the first consepts (i.e. troll warlord).
    We're not talking about hero releases, we're talking about cosmetics.

His point was that the panda doesn't violate Lone Druid's lore in any way, and not every single player is going to have it equipped. It has an extremely minimal impact on the game as a whole, and Valve shouldn't retroactively remove it from the store just because this thread has 100-ish of Dota 2's 3 million players saying they dislike it.
    ◕_◕

Well, i'm not going to read 14 pages to just let here my oppinion:

The First Brewmaster's skin, the original one, was really good. Then, you changed it, because it looked like a Panda, and all that stuff. Well then, why do you add a Panda as cosmetic, now? It doesn't make that much sense. But well, the item is okay.

One last thing: Doesn't China have laws against violent panda stuff, or something? If so, this may generate problems.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    Such a lame try RyokoSimon ^^ you have a panda in your inventory and it's equipped, yet you want it to delete it from the store? What's so wrong with that little panda fellow? Isn't it possible that Lone Druid travelled in the far east and somehow found the little panda? "if I want to play silly stuff I go playing LoL and WoW" and why are you then not cyring about a huge Stone which can talk, and is called tiny? Or Slardar, a fish who can basically be on the surface for at least 30 mins (if we look at average amount of mins in a game) Im sorry mate but you just countered yourself with that post. And like the guy who said it before, if you would delete the item or any other from the store (what I doubt, because the community likes the little panda), then make it untradeable in the future, people who can afford an item in the store or if it's a gift from someone special (daddy's credit card) should stick with it.

Btw: In the question of Brewmaster and his change.. there's a difference between Pandarens and pandas.. I doubt anyone has copyrights on pandas... And that law in China is just a myth, no one ever approved that such a law really exists in China. But it's against the moral and ethics to kill a panda even in a game, yet I don't think the european version of Dota (mine) is the same to the chinese.. so the panda might be unpurchasable in China and the problem is solved..
    Last edited by Endboss; 02-01-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post

His point was that the panda doesn't violate Lone Druid's lore in any way, and not every single player is going to have it equipped. It has an extremely minimal impact on the game as a whole, and Valve shouldn't retroactively remove it from the store just because this thread has 100-ish of Dota 2's 3 million players saying they dislike it.
    I brought the hero releases up, since someone said the community would accept the panda insantly, if it were the default. I doubted that would happen, but since players are accepting pretty much everything added to the game at the moment, it would seem likely.

Should every player just accept it just because it won't come up in every game? You hardly ever see games where heroes are without cosmetics, and as long as players get them, they'll most likely equip them, even if the chance of receiving this one is rare. Most likely you'll be seeing this panda a lot more in the future, since it can be aquired via. games and Dota2 isn't dying anytime soon.

I understand that you think theres a whole bunch of cosmetics that you don't like already in the game; but replacing the original spirit bear with a big fluffy panda is like turning Lycan from being a wolf into a german shepherd. It won't change the species, they're both ursines and canines.
    Just as long as the creator adds some text saying "Lycan found ways to alter the nature of the spell cas on him" apparently a german shepherd will make sense lore-wise too.

Basic Member
    How about you guys vote for my horse courier?
    Then 3 days after release you open a poll to remove it (tons of people get mad saying my horse is a "MLP shit"). So my courier will get removed from shop later.

I'll make near no profit but i'll make sure i'll have a handful of theses couriers i'll buy myself and trade them for 500 buds each...

Sounds like a good speculating plan right?

Why is it always about bears?

Quote Originally Posted by Animalgreed View Post
    Why is it always about bears?
    Don't really know, maybe it's cause bears were taught to do tricks in a circus and then people see bears as less threatning afterwards?
    Or maybe it's because of teddybears?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassFreeman View Post

The First Brewmaster's skin, the original one, was really good. Then, you changed it, because it looked like a Panda, and all that stuff. Well then, why do you add a Panda as cosmetic, now? It doesn't make that much sense. But well, the item is okay.

One last thing: Doesn't China have laws against violent panda stuff, or something? If so, this may generate problems.
    It was changed because it made Brewmaster look like a Pandaren (or whatever they're called). Those are copyrighted by Blizzard. Pandas, on the other hand, are not copyrighted (because you can't copyright an animal). In short, there would be nothing wrong with having a panda in the game, as long as the panda does not look humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post

100-sh? What are you smoking? I've seen something like 7 or 8 unique people complain about the panda. This doesn't include RyokoSimon's alts. "They're just my friends, I told them to signup and post" - yeah right, buddy. The majority of the people posting in this thread have been supportive of the cosmetic item. And to be quite honest, the majority of the Dota playing community doesn't really care.
    Last edited by demonred; 02-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassFreeman View Post

they changed not because it looked like a panda, they changed pecause it looked like a PANDAREN, a Warcraft Universe RACE, and valve would end up getting into a damn hard position against blizz's copyrights.

Basic Member
    Replies: 138
    Views: 5,195
    Enough reasons to delete panda, i think.