Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle East Server

Basic Member
    No, i am playing from Bahrain and using Batelco which are the best internet providers here. I didn't ask for a server in Bahrain because I am not only looking to solve my issue. I am trying to solve the issue for all the players from the middle east. That is why any server in the middle east would be good because it would be closer to us than the EU server and the SEA server. UAE is a suggestion because it seems like the best place for a server for all the countries.

^ agree with op, middle east is a vast place there needs to be 1-2 servers there and atleast 1 more in asia

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanrotoky View Post
    No, i am playing from Bahrain and using Batelco which are the best internet providers here. I didn't ask for a server in Bahrain because I am not only looking to solve my issue. I am trying to solve the issue for all the players from the middle east. That is why any server in the middle east would be good because it would be closer to us than the EU server and the SEA server. UAE is a suggestion because it seems like the best place for a server for all the countries.
    yes i agree with you it would be really great if dota2 had servers running up in middle east. i suggest we provide options to the devs so that they can decided better. can you check what pings you get to these countries : saudi arabia, turkey, india and israel ?

coz all the above four have game hosting providers so valve can make a decision!

Basic Member
    KSA "Riyadh" ping is 253
    UAE ping is 53
    Iran ping is 375
    Kuwait ping is 243
    Oman ping is 378
    India ping 343
    Turkey ping is 364
    Israel is 418
    Qatar ping is 42

Easily said, the best country that has a suitable ping for all the countries in the middle east, not only Bahrain, would be UAE.
    Dubai would also be good as an environment.
    None of the countries you have listed have a good ping for all of the countries, but if valve had to pick one of them then it would definitely be KSA.
    Even though the environment is different than Dubai, so i believe UAE would be the best choice for opening a server.

Basic Member
    KSA "Riyadh" ping is 253
    UAE ping is 53
    Iran ping is 375
    Kuwait ping is 243
    Oman ping is 378
    India ping 343
    Turkey ping is 364
    Israel is 418
    Qatar ping is 42
    yes UAE is best option! bro lets get in more players from middle east region so that dota2 devs know that there are a lot of players from our region too. orelse there would be no point in investing in a middle east server right?

and btw PM me your steam id we can play a game or two

Valve Developer
    I suspect all the high ping locations are due to peering occurring in Europe rather than in ME. It is similar to the problem we have in South America where most of the peering is done back in North America. Some people will be happy, and the rest will be asking for more "servers".

KSA "Riyadh" ping is 253
    UAE ping is 53
    Iran ping is 375
    Kuwait ping is 243
    Oman ping is 378
    India ping 343
    Turkey ping is 364
    Israel is 418
    Qatar ping is 42

Easily said, the best country that has a suitable ping for all the countries in the middle east, not only Bahrain, would be UAE.
    Dubai would also be good as an environment.
    None of the countries you have listed have a good ping for all of the countries, but if valve had to pick one of them then it would definitely be KSA.
    Even though the environment is different than Dubai, so i believe UAE would be the best choice for opening a server.

KSA "Riyadh" ping is 253
    UAE ping is 53
    Iran ping is 375
    Kuwait ping is 243
    Oman ping is 378
    India ping 343
    Turkey ping is 364
    Israel is 418
    Qatar ping is 42
    Hey, can you tell me how you pinged to those countries?
    Any specific IP adresses?
    I'd like to know my ping to them too.

Well I've played around with some speedtest.com servers, and it seems I got lower ping to the Luxembourg server than Middle east countries.
    Strange...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7_ShininGAngel View Post
    Well I've played around with some speedtest.com servers, and it seems I got lower ping to the Luxembourg server than Middle east countries.
    Strange...
    Yes refer to miltons post. i am going to consult my isp on the routing matter and will see if they agree to do some optimization. i suggest you also to do the same. and if anyone playing from uae they can consult etisalat easily coz they have a friendly customer-service.

bahrain : http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487023641.png

Uae : http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487026157.png

Qatar : http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487028106.png

Kuwait : http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487029607.png

Saudi : http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487031879.png

Turkey : http://speedtest.net/result/2487033374.png

for me routing within middle east is great unlike others!
    Last edited by ZyPhyrus; 02-05-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Basic Member
    well reporting from Istanbul, Turkey. I have average 60 ms ping which is absolutely fine. But a server in eastern Turkey would be fine for middle-easternean players.