Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle East Server

Basic Member

Middle East Server

Players from the middle east have been facing this problem for a long time. The closest server is the European servers and SEA servers. Both servers have unstable high pings because we are located in the middle. On a 10mb connection, the pings vary from 200-300. Players from the middle east are stuck in the loop hole of servers, in which no playable server is found. This thread is to suggest a server for the middle east. No specific country is picked because any server close to the middle east would fix the problems for all the countries. A suggested country would be UAE since it seems like the most viable place for all the country's pings. This problem have been mentioned before, but nothing has been done. The dota 2 community is expanding and many players from the middle east joined the community. This problem is happening with all of them, so I was hoping an action would be taken to fix this problem.

~mod edit: Post problems with Dubai servers in here. (please also provide a trace to dxb.valve.net or towards IP: 185.25.183.1 )
    Last edited by Jan2011; 05-29-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    It's not a priority, and 200 ping isn't bad at all, I always play with 150 ping, the game never lags.

Oh, and there's already another thread, http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=12019

Basic Member
    yeah true, but 200 does not always stay as 200, it rises up till 400 sometimes. i mean a server for us would be great!

Basic Member
    New server should be on Turkey

Basic Member
    As long as our pings are improved, the location makes no difference.

200 ping might not seem like a problem when one says it like that, but as Magnet199 said, it rises up to 400 at average. And if you compare their ping to ours, they have a fourth of ours on a good day! They always have an average of 60 when we have an average of 250-300

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dehaf4life View Post
    200 ping might not seem like a problem when one says it like that, but as Magnet199 said, it rises up to 400 at average. And if you compare their ping to ours, they have a fourth of ours on a good day! They always have an average of 60 when we have an average of 250-300
    I find playing with 200 ping is the same as playing with 60 ping, also, if your ping goes higher than it should, then you probably have a technical problem.

Basic Member
    Our ping does go higher and most of us have no technical problems. I have tried many ways to decrease my ping but the problem is the servers. The ping is rarely 250 and normally 300. The players we play against have pings lower than 100. The reason is because they play in their servers, while we have no servers, so they have an advantage and our games are ruined due to the lag and delay. The reason we are in those servers is because those are the closest to us, which brings us back to our first problem, which requires a new server close to the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    I find playing with 200 ping is the same as playing with 60 ping, also, if your ping goes higher than it should, then you probably have a technical problem.
    It's not. By the way, what we're saying is over 200. Not 200 exactly. It's never 200, always from 250+. I don't see why you're trying your best and insisting against a Middle Eastern server. Everyone's getting their own servers and their own great ping except for us. All we ask is this. If there's a Middle Eastern server I guarantee that there'll be more Middle Easterners playing the game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanrotoky View Post
    Players from the middle east have been facing this problem for a long time. The closest server is the European servers and SEA servers. Both servers have unstable high pings because we are located in the middle. On a 10mb connection, the pings vary from 200-300. Players from the middle east are stuck in the loop hole of servers, in which no playable server is found. This thread is to suggest a server for the middle east. No specific country is picked because any server close to the middle east would fix the problems for all the countries. A suggested country would be UAE since it seems like the most viable place for all the country's pings. This problem have been mentioned before, but nothing has been done. The dota 2 community is expanding and many players from the middle east joined the community. This problem is happening with all of them, so I was hoping an action would be taken to fix this problem.

sanrotoky are you playing from UAE with etisalat connection?