Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and North Europe Server Support

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by khab.me View Post
    All of Russia playing dota, and you say is not economically viable? EA can not afford to have the server, and Valve not? do not talk nonsense, if you do not know all the events
    All of russia is playing dota, but the vast majority of them are in Russia West ie Europe. This is already covered by the existing servers. There are not enough people living in the east to warrant a server and the west obviously doesnt need another server since they have access to three. This is not nonsense, its common sense.

Banned
    Russian server is constantly lag, drops ping is simply frozen out, you can do the same for Russia dedicated server, with the order to feel comfortable and the children of the east and west. 100ms is normal but when the ping in the game jumps from 150-220 is not normal. I think the price server in Stockholm is not much lower than the price a server in. I just speak for the Far East ...

Banned
    Russian server is constantly lag, drops ping is simply frozen out, you can do the same for Russia dedicated server, with the order to feel comfortable and the children of the east and west. 100ms is normal but when the ping in the game jumps from 150-220 is not normal. I think the price server in Stockholm is not much lower than the price a server in. I just speak for the Far East ...
    The reason why the server isn't in Moscow is because there are more people in Europe that the Stockholm server would cover, simply because many more people live in the West. Stockholm provides a server not only for those in West Russia but also in Northern Europe. Thus Valve decided that they could cover more people by putting a server in Stockholm rather than putting one in Moscow.

You are complaining that the Russian server is constantly lagging and you get dropout. That's because you live in East Russia. Yes your ping is bad, and yes your connection is bad. But there are not enough people in your area to warrant putting a server up for you.

Banned
    Well, certainly more than in Australia

Banned
    Well, certainly more than in Australia
    Actually, Far East Russia has a population of about 6.7 million people and population density of about 1 person per square km, which is about a quarter of the Australian population, and half the population density.

I also note that the Australian servers not only provide to Australians but to the rest of Oceania, including New Zealand, Indonesia, and the Pacific, whereas adding a server in Moscow would not cover any significant population which is not already covered.
    Last edited by chuah; 02-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuah View Post
    Actually, Far East Russia has a population of about 6.7 million people and population density of about 1 person per square km, which is about a quarter of the Australian population, and half the population density.

I also note that the Australian servers not only provide to Australians but to the rest of Oceania, including New Zealand, Indonesia, and the Pacific, whereas adding a server in Moscow would not cover any significant population which is not already covered.
    server in Moscow, not only for the Far East, as well as in Siberia. Kazakhstan and Mongolia, and this is no joke.

Just do not say that these regions are the server in Stockholm

When it will open the LAN mode, all the questions about the ping will disappear at once, and the population of servers probably fall a few times
    Last edited by khab.me; 02-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Banned
    server in Moscow, not only for the Far East, as well as in Siberia. Kazakhstan and Mongolia, and this is no joke.

Just do not say that these regions are the server in Stockholm

When it will open the LAN mode, all the questions about the ping will disappear at once, and the population of servers probably fall a few times
    Mongolia is covered very well already by servers in China.

Kazakhstan has a very low percentage of people using the internet - 12% or so at last count, and many are still on dial-up, and so does not warrant a server.

West Siberia is already covered well by not only Stockholm but the other European servers. It's only East Siberia which is not covered, which as I said, does not have enough people to warrant a server.

As far as I can tell, you live close enough to the Chinese border that you should be trying to play there, not on the Russian servers.
    Last edited by chuah; 02-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Banned
    Wow, that's obvious.

Chinese server lag more than the European one, it can only play the early morning. there ping 77 closer to the middle of the day 150, 250 in the late afternoon

The only hope for the server in Japan.

Banned
    Then play when the ping is low there and don't play when the ping is high? How difficult can that be?

Japan and Korea are already quite well covered server-wise, so I wouldn't expect Valve to open a server there.

Banned
    Lord Jesus, you know all

Rostelecom has a direct line to Japan, I used a VPN to see what ping the residents of Japan, in China they have 200 + ping in singapore 150, and you talk about what they do not need a server?

Play on schedule? lol what?

PS: i have ping in japan 20-30ms