Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kunkka's mythical sword Fiblade is completely underwhelming

Basic Member

Lightbulb Kunkka's mythical sword Fiblade is completely underwhelming

I got it from the lotus chest, and was quite disappointed since it is really hard to notice if I have it or not. I wish it had some Tidebringer effect (like different glow, color or something like that). Since it is mythical and a lot of people got it from lotus chests, I think it would be great to change it and I believe it won't be really hard to implement. Thank you in advance!

Basic Member
    This man speaks the truth. Finblade is like the least visible cosmetic item (and that's a mythical item, what a nonsense) in the entire game due to the tidebringer effect.
    Last edited by andzie; 02-10-2013 at 11:52 AM.

The one thing that bugs me about the Finblade is that its far more common than the Pudge stache was. They both have the mythical tag and are the only mythical cosmetic in those chest yet the stache is insanely expensive and impossible to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by andzie View Post
    This man speaks the truth. Finblade is like the least visible cosmetic item (and that's a mythical item, what a nonsense) in the entire game due to the tidebringer effect.
    I should think that it is not true. He only has the Tidebringer effect on the sword some of the time. Compare it with Doom's new weapon.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    Compare it with Doom's new weapon.
    Why should we? Let's compare it with the previous "top-tier event" drops
    sithil's stash - DC hook (one of the most popular items in game)
    diretide - baby roshan (good looking legendary courier)
    frostivus - rotten stache (pudge, nuff said)
    dark implements - grull (nice legendary mount)
    lotus - finblade (arguably the worst of all)

not cool

Okay, sure, let's do that!
    "diretide - baby roshan (good looking legendary courier)"
    'It sits in the back of the base, so it's hard to remember who bought the courier.'

Let me ask you, do you feel cheated just because you don't have a neon green sign pointing at your hero? "This player is cool, look at his cosmetic item!"

Do you really value cosmetics over the ability of the hero? Just attack a unit and the Tidebringer effect goes away. You can see the cosmetic clearly. Same goes for the courier. It's not visible? Then call it to your hero to bring it some items. Just play the game and it will be noticed, guaranteed.

The Finblade doesn't deserve to Mythical. And whoever made that item obviously had it bypass quality control because no one seemed to have realized that Tidebringer COMPLETELY overrides whatever aesthetic Finblade was supposed to offer.

DERP.

Basic Member
    Yeah, default effects/particles and/or even attack animation, must be changed to reflect Mythical rarity of this great item.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    Just attack a unit and the Tidebringer effect goes away. You can see the cosmetic clearly.
    This may come as a surprise, but you're wrong.
    Default w/o tidebringer
    Finblade w/o tidebringer

Default one is more visible than mythical, that's insane.

Default w/ tidebringer
    Finblade w/ tidebringer

And now there is no difference at all.
    Last edited by andzie; 02-11-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Banned
    I agree. mythical from this chest should have been better