Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Bug] Wynchell The Wyrmeleon's games viewed counter is broken

Basic Member

Exclamation [Bug] Wynchell The Wyrmeleon's games viewed counter is broken

The counter seems to work different from the pennants. You get +1 to viewed games when you quit the game, not join it. Also, you can quit and join the same game over and over again and the games viewed counter will still increase by 1 every time. So, basically, you can get 100 games viewed by rejoining one game 100 times. Not sure if such mechanic was intentional.

The image with the bug: wyrm bug.jpg
    Last edited by Smirk; 02-10-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Basic Member
    You're right. I have 2 games viewed when there has been only 1 game so far.

The problem also is that (I don't know why) they haven't specified how this counter goes. I'd like to know...Do you have to watch a percentage of the match?, join in the 1st minute of the game? don't leave until the end? This should be explained

Basic Member
    This bug doesn't hurt the courier's evolving process and, if anything, makes it easier for people to level him up. I just thought Valve developers would want to be aware of that bug in case that behavior wasn't intentional.

The problem appears to be in that the courier lacks the unique games viewed counter, so it just counts every instance of viewing the game of Premiere League, even the same one.

Basic Member
    I know what you're saying. I'm just saying that I don't know how to get my internal counter right to get the best courier because I don't know how the games are counted

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icharlie17 View Post
    I know what you're saying. I'm just saying that I don't know how to get my internal counter right to get the best courier because I don't know how the games are counted
    You can join the game, watch it even for a minute and then leave. You will get +1 games viewed for that game. You don't have to watch the whole game.

Banned
    well this defeats the whole purpose of the courier; =(

kinda disappointing that you can just open close the replay the first match 100 times and max out your courier.

Basic Member
    It does, in a way, make getting those 100 views less exciting. Hopefully, Valve will notice this issue and take note.

Basic Member
    Finol has just let us know in game he's aware of the bug and they are fixing it tomorrow. Hurrar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookie View Post
    Finol has just let us know in game he's aware of the bug and they are fixing it tomorrow. Hurrar.
    where did you hear that?

Basic Member
    Matthew Bailey ‏@Cyborgmatt
    The counter bug regarding the TPL Wyrmeleon courier will be fixed in the near future so don't waste your time watching the replay 100 times.
    https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt