Thread: [Duplicate] melee heroes can attack wards on a cliff

[Duplicate] melee heroes can attack wards on a cliff

When a ward is placed close to the edge of a cliff, melee heroes can reach it (screenshot).
    Afaik this wasn't possible in wc3 and I haven't found it on the known bugs list, so there you go.
    matchid 122154587

Opinions? It's not possible in wc3, right?

Basic Member
    I don't understand why they shouldn't be able to kill it there, when melee characters can place their own wards on the cliff.

In retrospect the only people who can place wards on cliffs and take them off should be the flying hero's.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vzilberm View Post
    I don't understand why they shouldn't be able to kill it there, when melee characters can place their own wards on the cliff.
    Not sure if trolling, or just dumb >.>

The range which with you can drop a ward has nothing to do with your attack range... It's an item and has its own range to use, so as euls, scythe, rod of atos, and whatnot.
    By your logic, Treant should be able to cast leech seed from 800 range, since he can cast rod of atos from that distance.

I dont think melee heroes should be able to kill wards from beneath the cliff, and at least it should work as in wc3(not sure how it works there).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardal_MK View Post
    Not sure if trolling, or just dumb >.>

The range which with you can drop a ward has nothing to do with your attack range... It's an item and has its own range to use, so as euls, scythe, rod of atos, and whatnot.
    By your logic, Treant should be able to cast leech seed from 800 range, since he can cast rod of atos from that distance.

I dont think melee heroes should be able to kill wards from beneath the cliff, and at least it should work as in wc3(not sure how it works there).
    I wasn't saying that, just saying I really don't see why it shouldn't be possible, hypothetically. Obviously the game has its own rules and this shit is not possible, but if you think about it, if a melee character can place a ward, then why shouldn't a melee character be able to pick it off. It's the same range. Again, don't take what I just said as a change that should happen to dota, just think about it.

Basic Member
    I think this has to do with being able to put them closer towards the edge in dota 2. In dota 1 the unplaceable area is a little bit wider. I was not able to put a ward close enough to hit it with a 128 melee hero in dota, but I was able to do it with doom and his 150 attack range (and it is really easy with agha tiny).

So it is no bug that melee can attack them, you could argue that the placement area is different, but I don't know if I would call that a bug. In the end it is up to the placer to put them on the edge or not, and i like it if the player has the option instead of the game preventing it

http://i.imgur.com/TSZPENh.jpg
    Last edited by Belarion; 02-10-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Basic Member
    Just like Belarion said melee heroes can attack wards, it's still hard to do with doom, but Tiny clarifies everything, he can easly attack wards on cliffs

Now it's actually more skillful thing where you put ward on cliffs

PS lol just noticed you picked exactly same heroes
    Last edited by Rysik; 02-10-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Basic Member
    Melee attacks across cliffs are possible

my money is on this listed bug.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage