Thread: "Exceedingly Rare Special Item" is a LIE!!!!111

Basic Member

Smile "Exceedingly Rare Special Item" is a LIE!!!!111

Every treasure chest's description in dota 2 suggests that you have a chance to find "an Exceedingly Rare Special Item" written in golden font, thus suggesting that this item would be of an "Immortal" quality. However, either I am wrong and this supposed item is so exceedingly rare, that in has never ever dropped so far; or only International chests have been "truthful" to their descrition, dropping Immortal "International" couriers, and other chests do not have an item of immortal quality in their "possible drop loot" list.

Edit:
    So, what I am trying to say, that all those millions of chests (Except the International chests) that very opened by players with hope for a chance to get this item, did not receive that chance. (These are just my thoughts; I would just like to now what others think about it)
    Last edited by S_A_G_E; 02-24-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Exceedingly Rare Special Items are Unusual Couriers.

Immortal Items are not coming back. Thus are not dropping. (Hook received Immortal quailty after it has been dropped briefly)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Exceedingly Rare Special Items are Unusual Couriers.
    They do not have an Immortal "quality", thus cannot be counted as "Exceedingly Rare Special Items"
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Immortal Items are not coming back. Thus are not dropping. (Hook received Immortal quailty after it has been dropped briefly)
    Yes, but these descriptions on the treasure chests can mislead some new players into thinking they can actually find an Immortal item from any chest.

Those new players, who know what an immortal cosmetic item is, but not what mekansm is....
    ~Never forget~

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BZAD View Post
    Those new players, who know what an immortal cosmetic item is, but not what mekansm is....
    Mekansm?!?!?!!?!? Whats that, I give u 2 keys

Jokes aside if I have to be honest I think unusual couriers should have a better tag. I remember when I was a noobie I had NO idea they were so valuable, I can bet lots of people are getting scammed and they don't even know about it.

The 'Exceedingly rare special item' is not a lie. It suggests you get an item that is rarely gotten from the chest - which you do. The chance at getting an unusual courier from chests is very rare - drop chance is estimated between the 1% and 5%.
    If it said 'Exceedingly immortal special item', then yes, it would have been a lie. Currently it says you receive a very rare item, which you do. The 'lie' only exists for people that jumped to the wrong conclusion and didn't do the research.
    Not a bug, nor a lie. Closing this.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.