Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMR - How does it work in dota? -

MMR - How does it work in dota? -

Hello guys, I am lvl 31 and have <500 games 1.1 ratio, and still I feel like playing
    with the most newbies in DotA and all kind of Moba games history. I mean how does this MMR(MatchMakingRating) work in dota? Is even
    something like that implented? Or is it just not implented yet because of the small player size that is currently in the game?
    I've began to play LoL 1-2 months after Icefrog announced DotA2 because all my friends were playing, so I played really alot, but the thing was after some
    kind of "skill level" players used to think like humans with a healthy brain. Unfortunatly the same thing I cannot say for DotA2,
    still there has to be some guys who pick a carry without any knowladge, support buys his first pair of ward at 35th minute...
    And I am really bored to get into a team with 4 premades, which only talk their spefic language and dont say miss or even communicate with you :/

What do you think about this? Feel the same? And when is this going to be fixed?
    Sorry if it looks like a too much ragepost
    WANT PRD BACK :P
    -
    Some men just want to see DotA burn

Basic Member
    NO one knows quite sure yet but trust me valve will have as close to a perfect system as you can get. Just takes time and studying to figure that out. The more typical ways are you gain rating and lose rating per win or loss and thats it. But i think valve wants a way to let players who go 20-1-10 while his teammates go 1-10-3 to gain rating instead of negative rating, but yea no one knows at all how it works and probley never will.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoN View Post
    NO one knows quite sure yet but trust me valve will have as close to a perfect system as you can get
    Uh
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoN View Post
    NO one knows quite sure yet but trust me valve will have as close to a perfect system as you can get. .
    Absolutely not
    The MMR system works with the amount of your wins ( if you solo queued) and it tries to get you to play with people about your Win amount
    This means that if you are level 30 and you have 50 wins you get to play with newbies at low level (Low leveled players are not always newbies sometimes they are just new to dota 2)

And we know the fact that some people just win games because the other team was so noob that they won 4 vs 5 and this doesn't make you good ( You just won the game WO any skill)

And i see a thread when a noob complains about playing with really good players because he just have good win amount WO any skill whatsoever
    Last edited by Rainer; 03-10-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Absolutely not
    The MMR system works with the amount of your wins ( if you solo queued) and it tries to get you to play with people about your Win amount
    This means that if you are level 30 and you have 50 wins you get to play with newbies at low level (Low leveled players are not always newbies sometimes they are just new to dota 2)

And we know the fact that some people just win games because the other team was so noob that they won 4 vs 5 and this doesn't make you good ( You just won the game WO any skill)

And i see a thread when a noob complains about playing with really good players because he just have good win amount WO any skill whatsoever
    This is not how it works..
    Levels nor battle points are used in matchmaking.
    You can read some official info about matchmaking from this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=70618

Basic Member
    "UH LOL"???? Im a pretend you are a idiot if you think valve is not going to change it to the best system it can be. So the comment of yours just shows your knowledge. They didnt even tell you how the system works. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=70618 this is like the basics and it lacks TONS of information as i said befor no one knows truely how the system works its all speculation. Rainer on the other hand is completely wrong so we can just throw that off the table. This is valve we are talking about they will put money into a scientific group to figure out the best system possible period (if they need to). AKA close to perfect you will never get a perfect MMR system theres to many variables in a match to make a system run flawlessly its why valve is still working on it they are gathering data and seeing how to change it respectively.

Basic Member
    MMR - How does it work in dota?
    It doesn't.
    The workload required on the more recent batch of heroes has been increasing over time with the addition of a wide range of new animations, the addition of being Workshop ready on release and having the correct breakdown in order to prevent having to remove the hero from the Workshop and halt progress on the community items like we have seen in the past along with just an overall higher quality model and texture work.-Cyborgmatt
    Community makes hats, no effect on game development.-ValveDrone

Quote Originally Posted by Scope View Post
    This is not how it works..
    Levels nor battle points are used in matchmaking.
    You can read some official info about matchmaking from this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=70618
    This is due to my personal experience
    Forget about what they say officially
    we should consider the reality not what they say officially

So we should believe how some guy thinks it works instead of the guy who actually coded the system?...

Right..
    Here's my dotabuff profile in case anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So we should believe how some guy thinks it works instead of the guy who actually coded the system?...

Right..
    Nice logic
    Who said that? i just said what i experienced is not whats written in that forum (it might be completely accidental)