Thread: Lina fiery soul of the slayer

Basic Member

Lina fiery soul of the slayer

Right let me start by saying you guys are doing a really good job with dota 2, you're going in the right direction with pay model, tournaments, everything. But...

The new lina fiery soul of the slayer cosmetic is worrying, yes it still looks like lina and you can clearly tell its her. Things like portraits and skill icons need to stay the same, yea for those of us who play dota all the time it isnt really much of an adjustment. But for newer players or people who miss a patch or two, and especially if you're trying to make this into a real spectator sport it can be confusing. Maybe not now but if you keep going down this path you'll end up like HoN where heroes have like 3 different skins with new icons, portraits, sounds and animations. All while looking absolutely nothing like the original, my mate went back and played a game of HoN the other day he thought at the start he was playing against 3 new heroes turns out it was just old ones with new cosmetic models.

This is the first decision you guys have made which i don't agree with, please be very careful where you go from here.

Basic Member
    +1 minimap icon and portrait and also skill icons should remain the same.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_MKL View Post
    +1 minimap icon and portrait and also skill icons should remain the same.
    Minimap and portrait should stay normal, skill icons doesn't matter at all since only the player himself can see it and it's not like anyone will get confused if they click on the hero and see a diff icon as they know what all the skills do anyway. I tested it already in-game with the Rubick concern, when rubick steals Linas dragonslave with new icon, it shows as the normal icon for the Rubick.

Basic Member
    Bunch of babys OHHH THE NEW PLAYERS WONT REALIZE WHO IT IS HURRRRRR jesus you cry babys obviously cant afford it so you cry about it rofl. THERE IS ONLY ONE FIRE FEMALE IN THE GAME I JUST DID A TEST WITH MY OWN FATHER AND MOTHER AND THEY BOTH WERE LIKE WHY DOES SHE LOOK DIFFERENT SO I EXPLAINED WHY. I setup a game with her normal showed it off and then showed the new one i said this is a new hero my dad goes why would they make 2 heroes that look almost the same are they sisters? I then said well played old man they are the same hero different looks AND MY DAD IS LIKE WOW SHES PERRTY SWEET LOOKING THAT WAY (with the arcana set) He could tell they were the same and if they werent then he didnt understand the logic of why which goes to show a FIRE FUCKING FEMALE IS LINA END OF STORY.... enough said if my fuckign father who has ZERO intention of playing video games and same with my mother realizes its the same person just a different look then i dont know what else to say you guys are about as dumb as they come.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGoN View Post
    Bunch of babys OHHH THE NEW PLAYERS WONT REALIZE WHO IT IS HURRRRRR jesus you cry babys obviously cant afford it so you cry about it rofl. THERE IS ONLY ONE FIRE FEMALE IN THE GAME I JUST DID A TEST WITH MY OWN FATHER AND MOTHER AND THEY BOTH WERE LIKE WHY DOES SHE LOOK DIFFERENT SO I EXPLAINED WHY. I setup a game with her normal showed it off and then showed the new one i said this is a new hero my dad goes why would they make 2 heroes that look almost the same are they sisters? I then said well played old man they are the same hero different looks AND MY DAD IS LIKE WOW SHES PERRTY SWEET LOOKING THAT WAY (with the arcana set) He could tell they were the same and if they werent then he didnt understand the logic of why which goes to show a FIRE FUCKING FEMALE IS LINA END OF STORY.... enough said if my fuckign father who has ZERO intention of playing video games and same with my mother realizes its the same person just a different look then i dont know what else to say you guys are about as dumb as they come.
    Lmfao my god, you are either drunk, 12, or 30 and a virgin.

That is the most retarded reply to a post i've ever seen. Congrats!

Basic Member
    There is a bug atm, it doesn't show Lina's eyes properly. It is supposed to be white, right? But her eyes look just as usual Lina eyes.