Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: I kindly ask this from you.Reduce the HUD size.It's almost gamebreaking

  1. #91
    Basic Member VodkaGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    DON'T FUCKING MESS WITH CHANGES.
    Fixed that for you,to represent more accurately your thoughts

  2. #92
    Basic Member Luffydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujelexi View Post
    then you can increase the movespeed of mirana arrows and such by a tad.
    Except that this doesn't affect Mirana in anyway, the fog is the same and the minimap is the same. Bad Arrows (bad as in arrows that don't come from the fog) hit because people either get chain stunned, or were looking at the shop and didn't notice Mirana missing, not because the HUD is blocking the projectile... Even with this huge HUD I almost never even see someone getting hit by an arrow during daytime, people just dodge them, HUD or no HUD.

    Mirana's problem is a lack of DPS which could be solved by a a Leap buff (+4 attack speed is a total joke)
    Last edited by Luffydude; 03-31-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Why denies and suicides count towards enemy score?! Fix Scoreboard already!!! -> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=15734
    Sad stomps -> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post452991
    Best Workshop in the Steam

    Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Rename Mega Creeps, Stop Ping Spammers, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

  3. #93
    Basic Member FoxCharge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaGR View Post
    Fixed that for you,to represent more accurately your thoughts
    Except that this change is unnecessary. There's room for improvement in the HUD, sure, but drastically reducing the size isn't going to improve things as much as anyone in this thread would like to believe. The current HUD is in no way gamebreaking - take some time to get used to it.
    ◕_◕

  4. #94
    Basic Member VodkaGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post
    Except that this change is unnecessary. There's room for improvement in the HUD, sure, but drastically reducing the size isn't going to improve things as much as anyone in this thread would like to believe. The current HUD is in no way gamebreaking - take some time to get used to it.
    I am not trying to prove that it will be the biggest change on earth.I am trying to prove that it is something that only has positives,and it is not related to balance as a couple of users suggest here.You can't keep arguing against something that has no drawback.The only reason,ONLY reason,is that people,especially in the MOBA genre,are afraid of everything changing

    And to be clear,this is one of the quickest things the developers could implement.

  5. #95
    Volunteer Moderator Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaGR View Post
    Fixed that for you,to represent more accurately that I'm a little kid
    Fixed that for you, to represent the truth.
    It's so funny: You don't accept any other opinion then yours. If you act like this, don't join a public forum. There is a lot of potential for GOOD fixes in this game, the HUD is none of them.

    EDIT: IT HAS A DRAWBACK. Are you freaking blind? This has nothing to do with fear, just because we don't like your idea.

    Please read the forum rules and check for the proper section before posting. The "community" section is not a global spam section!
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and discuss it, but don't create posts about the moderation. They will be closed!

  6. #96
    Basic Member VodkaGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    EDIT: IT HAS A DRAWBACK. Are you freaking blind? This has nothing to do with fear, just because we don't like your idea.
    I have been hearing this for 4-5 pages now from you,and you still haven't stated the reason apart from "it's not needed".You simply lack any argument or reasoning behind your statements.So,yeah,it's pretty safe to assume you just dislike OPTIONS you will not use,just because they are different.

    Forget all the "Heroz balancd arund current hud" arguments,because they have been countered since the first HuD thread among the tens of them

  7. #97
    Volunteer Moderator Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaGR View Post
    I have been hearing this for 4-5 pages now from you,and you still haven't stated the reason apart from "it's not needed".You simply lack any argument or reasoning behind your statements.So,yeah,it's pretty safe to assume you just dislike OPTIONS you will not use,just because they are different.

    Forget all the "Heroz balancd arund current hud" arguments,because they have been countered since the first HuD thread among the tens of them
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    If you stop acting like a small kid and actually read my post, and all other posts from people disliking it, you'd see that the main argument is the vision. This has been mentioned multiple times and is the main reason to dislike it.
    If you make the HUD smaller, you increase the visual screen space, just like a zooming option would do so (without making stuff smaller). Zooming is completly refused by the community. That's not acceptable. It does not only interfere with different skills, but also with visual positions.

    On the other hand, YOU completly lack arguments. All you do is getting sort of personal, flaming the intelligence of the people arguing against you, ignoring their posts and thinking that going on a global manner ("you dislike it on purpose") is an argument.
    There is no reason to lower the HUD size apart from astethic reasons. Astethic tastes differ, making this critical, while it creates a visual balance issue.

    It might not be gamebreaking, but it's a change that's 100% NOT required.

    Please read the forum rules and check for the proper section before posting. The "community" section is not a global spam section!
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and discuss it, but don't create posts about the moderation. They will be closed!

  8. #98
    Basic Member VodkaGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    If you stop acting like a small kid and actually read my post, and all other posts from people disliking it, you'd see that the main argument is the vision. This has been mentioned multiple times and is the main reason to dislike it.
    If you make the HUD smaller, you increase the visual screen space, just like a zooming option would do so (without making stuff smaller). Zooming is completly refused by the community. That's not acceptable. It does not only interfere with different skills, but also with visual positions.
    First argument wrong

    Hud is only bottom.Since no champion is made to attack only from bottom and no champion is weaker just for bottom,it has 0 impact on vision.Zoom out increases your overall awareness.HUD reduction gives you visibility you should be able to have anyway,since you can see the same distance top.How is an enemy attacking you from the left/right (where you have 2x the viewing distance) and being visible before he is even in spell range,balanced,whereas being viewed from bottom a bit more,but still much less than the sides is not balanced?

    So,first one down.If anything it will IMPROVE balance,because dire will have a more equal view compared to Radiant.So stop embarassing yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    On the other hand, YOU completly lack arguments. All you do is getting sort of personal, flaming the intelligence of the people arguing against you, ignoring their posts and thinking that going on a global manner ("you dislike it on purpose") is an argument.
    There is no reason to lower the HUD size apart from astethic reasons. Astethic tastes differ, making this critical, while it creates a visual balance issue.
    Yes there is.It is unpractically big,and NOT for balanced reasons,just to mimic WC3 dota,which was to reduce the rendering area.Also many people requested this.This is already more positives than negatives to reduce it.


    So yeah,for the 100th time,fear of change.Until you explain HOW this breaks balance,everything you say translates into "wah don't change my game".I just explained accurately that it does NOT

  9. #99
    Volunteer Moderator Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaGR View Post
    First argument wrong

    Hud is only bottom.Since no champion is made to attack only from bottom and no champion is weaker just for bottom,it has 0 impact on vision.Zoom out increases your overall awareness.HUD reduction gives you visibility you should be able to have anyway,since you can see the same distance top.How is an enemy attacking you from the left/right (where you have 2x the viewing distance) and being visible before he is even in spell range,balanced,whereas being viewed from bottom a bit more,but still much less than the sides is not balanced?

    So,first one down.If anything it will IMPROVE balance,because dire will have a more equal view compared to Radiant.So stop embarassing yourself.
    You just embarassed yourself. There is nothing down. Yes, it might be easier to see stuff from the side, but that doesn't justify an increase in vision on the bottom. It will INCREASE THE VISUAL SPACE. This IS an impact on the vision. More vision. Do you get it? MORE VISION? No one said that a single hero will be useless due to a smaller hud, but gank attamps from the bottom, especially with long range skills, will be easier reveiled. If you can't understand this point, you should realy question your own intelligence. How big the impact is, is another thing, but there IS a change and that's very obvious.

    Yes there is.It is unpractically big,and NOT for balanced reasons,just to mimic WC3 dota,which was to reduce the rendering area.Also many people requested this.This is already more positives than negatives to reduce it.
    It is not big, a (small) part of the balance AND should mimic the Wc3 Dota HUD. There is not a single positive argument to reduce it apart from your crying.

    So yeah,for the 100th time,fear of change.Until you explain HOW this breaks balance,everything you say translates into "wah don't change my game".I just explained accurately that it does NOT
    No, this is your argument because you got no other. I FUCKING TOLD YOU HOW THIS AFFECTS BALANCE. You explained nothing but ignored a FACT of more visual screen space.

    EDIT: This is leading nowhere. Another whiny kid that can't bring in any arguments, while he ignores the arguments brought in by others. In addition, he doesn't accept any opinion apart from his own. Have fun on ignore and "discuss" this with yourself. Maybe then you'll notice that you can't ignore anyone else.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 03-31-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: ignore != accept... fixed

    Please read the forum rules and check for the proper section before posting. The "community" section is not a global spam section!
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and discuss it, but don't create posts about the moderation. They will be closed!

  10. #100
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    371
    The UI and the controls are a tool. They are what separates the player from the game.

    The old 3d (or 2d in some cases) viewport design was made during an age when the rendered area was an issue with both horsepower of the computers and the resolution of the monitors. The UI wasn't intentionally made bad, and the designer didn't make the UI bad by design to accommodate certain kinds of gameplay. Save for blizzard and their original warcraft, where they were limiting the unit selection.

    Dota would still be an "Action Real-time strategy game" if the FoV was increased. There are certain skills which would be weaker due to this change, but you could always do things a bit differently. The amount of spells affected to the top 10% isn't all that huge. It basically includes mirana arrow and maybe furion's teleport. These skills are not shown on the minimap for the enemy, and they are slow enough to make a difference if a player happened to have his screen elsewhere. Everything else, including hook, are far too quick to react to unless you have prior knowledge to "see them coming". If they were cast from the fog that is; a competent player would be able to dodge it regardless of FoV if the enemy wasn't in the fog. The top players aren't differentiated from each other by their screen panning skills.

    We can afford a bigger rendered area for the game while accommodating for the game with slight changes. We can make arrow invisible until it's near enough to an enemy, kind of like smoke, we can adjust it's speed, foreswing, stun time, etc.

    Screen panning exists because it has to. The game has a plenty of depth to it, partly meaningful depth from the game itself, but there are certain areas where it needlessly exists. Chess has zero UI problems at any level yet not every player gets to be a Kasparov.

    Changing the camera distance would mostly affect low- and mid-tier of gameplay. It would be healthy there, since at this day and age a game that lets you zoom out a bit more is expected, it would make the game a bit more tedious mechanically; it'd be kind of like that Ursa rebalance. Ursa wasn't a problem at highest tiers, yet he received a nerf due to how detrimental a hero it was for the enjoyment of the lower tiers.

    For the highest tier, Camera Distance / UI change is a lot less meaningful. Only few spells would be affected which could be adressed through other changes.

    The issue, however, might come from Valve's standpoint on how much they want to cater to the Asian audience, where people might think that Radeon 9800 Pro is still the state of the art GPU.
    Last edited by Slaved; 03-31-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •