Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87

Thread: Seriously ?

  1. #21
    Basic Member Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    They lied. Anything else you have to say?
    is that your only argument?

  2. #22
    Basic Member Noo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    no
    Posts
    18,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    is that your only argument?
    There is no argument here, we all know the reporting system is automated, yet not all of us admit that fact.

  3. #23
    Basic Member knurlhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,583
    once again... if you're retarded enough to get on "the list", every time you get 2+ reports you're gonna get back to lpq, this only applies to 25 games, unless you're stupid enough to keep being a dick and get reported again many times, so if you really don't flame you're gonna get out, if you flame between games, just stop being a fucking crybaby and be supportive to your team 25 games, it's not that hard

  4. #24
    Basic Member Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    There is no argument here, we all know the reporting system is automated, yet not all of us admit that fact.
    "we all know" so you have seen the code?

  5. #25
    Core Tester Chairraider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    They lied.
    No they didn't.
    (Unless you end up in the automated system, which you only can by having been reported extremely often and extremely regularly and ended up in LP rightfully several times. In other words, when you deserve it. I'd strongly assume many of the people posting here on this forum are some of these guys, initially in the beta eric tams regularly checked reports from people who complained on the forum, turned out those guys ALWAYS deserved it and they were in the automated system.)

    edit: that was the old system
    Last edited by Chairraider; 05-09-2013 at 06:43 AM.

  6. #26
    Basic Member Noo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    no
    Posts
    18,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    No they didn't.
    (Unless you end up in the automated system, which you only can by having been reported extremely often and extremely regularly and ended up in LP rightfully several times. In other words, when you deserve it. I'd strongly assume many of the people posting here on this forum are some of these guys, initially in the beta eric tams regularly checked reports from people who complained on the forum, turned out those guys ALWAYS deserved it and they were in the automated system.)
    /

    So, let's say I flame, feed intentionally and abuse abilities, I get banned for doing these stuff, then I decide to stop doing so, but thanks to the automated reporting system (that people are denying its existence) I get reported by some party (which I shouldn't even be matched with, but that's another problem the developers are ignoring) And I get banned, even though I stopped breaking any rules long time ago. Fair? I think not.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    /

    So, let's say I flame, feed intentionally and abuse abilities, I get banned for doing these stuff, then I decide to stop doing so, but thanks to the automated reporting system (that people are denying its existence) I get reported by some party (which I shouldn't even be matched with, but that's another problem the developers are ignoring) And I get banned, even though I stopped breaking any rules long time ago. Fair? I think not.
    You need to learn to read... he LITERALLY, in the post that YOU quoted, said there IS an automated system. NOBODY is denying its existence, what everyone is trying to explain and help you absorb into your apparently very thick skull is, that it is very difficult to get into said automated system. Now, once you're in, you are in the "boy who cried wolf" sub category. Even if you behave, because of the fact that you've been verified as guilty so many times, it doesn't matter if you're not, the system now says you are.

    Can you get out of the automated system? Of course. How long does it take? I don't know, but I'm sure it's related to the fact that you stop getting frequent reports for the same reason.

    The problem is, most people think that everything that goes wrong in life or in this game is someone else's fault, and could never be their own. Everyone wants to point fingers all over the place instead of, for once, taking some responsibility for their actions. If you screw up and get punished, learn from it, instead of blaming everyone else under the sun and continuing the behave in the same fashion.

    "I'm in LPQ because of: 'Russians', 'Brazilians', 'newbs', 'blacks', 'Mexicans', 'white people', 'Jews', 'gay people', 'straight people', 'my neighbors dog'... you name it, fill in the blank, it doesn't matter. NONE of these are valid reasons. Anyone that is in LP is because of their own actions and because they were reported for their misconduct. If you are reported, assuming you're not already in 'automated' system, (which has been stated to be hard to get into in the first place) and the report is false, then you have nothing to worry about.

    I've been almost 2000 matches, I've been reported for "feeding", "text abuse", whathaveyou, mostly because someone on my team was angry that we were losing, so they decided to report me because they'd feel better and their e-peen wouldn't shrink too much. Am I worried about these reports? No. Why? Because I didn't do whatever they were reporting me for, it was just their excuse to get one last trolling in before the game ended. These people are best if ignored. If you can't ignore them and instead decide to flame back, then you're only feeding the trolls and most likely fulfilling your own destiny to be in LP. If some jerk says, "I'm reporting you for text abuse, HAHAHAALOLOOLPOL!!!" and you say "fuck off."... Well, you just "text abused" and they win.

  8. #28
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    No they didn't.
    (Unless you end up in the automated system, which you only can by having been reported extremely often and extremely regularly and ended up in LP rightfully several times. In other words, when you deserve it. I'd strongly assume many of the people posting here on this forum are some of these guys, initially in the beta eric tams regularly checked reports from people who complained on the forum, turned out those guys ALWAYS deserved it and they were in the automated system.)
    Make smurf account
    Get 10 friends to report your smurf
    Restart Client

    It strangely works.

    Your statement just became false.
    There is no way in Dota2 for Valve to prove whether a report is valid or not (As valve is obviously not hiring people to tend the report pile, I wouldn't expect them to either) . The only possible way that is feasible is a bot/script to check for text abuse. Everything else is meaningless.


    " initially in the beta eric tams regularly checked reports from people who complained on the forum, turned out those guys ALWAYS deserved it and they were in the automated system" highlighting your quote this infers that they are not checked before a punishment is given.
    This also infers that everyone who is in LPQ is there rightfully despite the fact you have already inferred there is no way of telling whether a punishment is true or false.

    Sorry for being a bit brash but I am simply deducing as much as i can from any said statement from Valve or testers or anyone of authority.

    So effectively that statement boils down to empirical evidence of the nature (Some guy checked out a few people out of thousands and those few deserved it, thus those few people (probably less than 100) instantly represents the thousands). In any statistical or Scientific study you would be laughed out of your job.


    However it is nice that you took your time to comment or even look at threads like these. I thought most of valve and the moderators had just given up.

    I think unless you actually clarified matters by providing proper evidence then this discussion is based on speculation and is a waste of time. As you know how it works (if you do know/were informed) and I can only infer how it works from data I have seen and the data you give me.

    We both know that it is very unlikely you will give me anymore data, has been said stance of Valve for a long time. It seems like they would rather treat us like cattle than beta testers that have meaningful contributions to make. I will not play the fool thus I have been driven to infer knowledge from each word said by a person in some position of knowledge. So I am at a loss.

    Guten tag.




    Any further information would be delightfully received.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 04-16-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  9. #29
    Basic Member Noo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    no
    Posts
    18,635
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaybos View Post
    NOBODY is denying its existence
    I don't suppose you check the forums much.

    Even if you behave, because of the fact that you've been verified as guilty so many times, it doesn't matter if you're not, the system now says you are.
    10/10 best reporting system.

    Can you get out of the automated system? Of course.
    Don't expect me to believe you until you provide a source.

    Anyone that is in LP is because of their own actions and because they were reported for their misconduct
    because of the automated reporting system*

    FTFY

    If you are reported, assuming you're not already in 'automated' system, (which has been stated to be hard to get into in the first place) and the report is false, then you have nothing to worry about.
    What about the people in the automated pool? Oh, and please don't tell me the "boy who cried wolf" thing again.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm actually interested in these 2 numbers:

    1) In the report dialog | Total Reports Submitted
    2) Console | dota_game_account_debug | successful_report_count

    The first being the number of reports that you have made.
    The second being the number of times that action has been taken as a result of a report that you have made.
    1415 reports
    successful reports 304

    FIX MATCH MAKING SO AT LEAST HALF THE GAMES ARE EVENLY MATCHED
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.
    MAKE ALL THE STRANGE MODIFIERS AVAILABLE IN STORE. ALSO ADD A TOOL IN STORE THAT LET YOU MAKE ANY ITEM OF CHOICE INTO STRANGE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •