Main Client Updated - 4/22 3:58PM PST
- Chat wheel isn't prevented when communication banned.
- Fixed bug allowing more than the maximum reports/commends per week.
- Allow chat in private/tournament lobbies while communication banned.
- Players are now notified how much time is remaining on the communication ban.
- Fixed server stability issue that was resulting in a reduced number of servers and long wait times.
- Fixed issue where heroes were not displaying in the Loadout panel when using some items.
- Workshop panel updates the hero and item models on import.
- Fixed an issue where some courier effects were not being loaded and displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Lina's Fiery Soul skin was incorrect.
All current communication bans have been lifted as of this update.
Thanks for this one Zoid and Valve. Hopefully people will realise this system is better now.
Hey, you still owe me a fifty game winning streak. Haha, just kidding.
Originally Posted by Zoid
You said it wouldn't affect matchmaking, but I lost most games before getting banned and afterwards, I got really nice players for the first time in like a hundred games for my allies and I won every game.
Last edited by hoveringmover; 04-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Did you make it more difficult to get communication banned? It seems like it just takes 1, maybe 2, reports to get muted. Should take MUCH more than that.
Also more generally, would love to know why the manual "mute" button is not sufficient next to each player.
This patch will not stop the abuse.
Your report system is still incredibly flawed. It is *not* ok to let players ban other players from the game and ruin their experience without any accountability, checks or balances.
Any 4 man stack can choose 4 people per week to ban for shits and giggles. That is not ok.
Normally I'm pretty fair minded on these sorts of design things, but this is just awful
Stop. You guys have no clue what you are doing. You are terrible at it, you are greatly damaging the game for many people. Cut your losses and revert the system.
great to see all small patch notes here
this patch not good enough get rid of the mute entirely
yay teammates who can talk vs 5 man stacks!