Thread: Is dota 2 really good ???

Banned

Is dota 2 really good ???

Hi guys, at first, I must say there is some problems about my english cuz it is not my mother language. But I really hope u guys can understand my feel. Recent games give me a cancer especially after the chat banned version has been released. I just hasitate to leave this game forever. Reasons as follows:

First, this matching system is fucking terrible. I just wonder if valve really care about players that play game in a solo queue. I am not arrogant person, but in fact i am a decent player. I usually did what should a hero do in the game . Like playing support, i bought couriers and wards and tank enemy for protecting our carries. But every game it seems to match me with some totoally retard teammates like furion who only knows farming in the jungle, did not care about the lane, carry after 40mins only has battlefury, support super fed opponents and never build support items. Some time I will get teammate who is a fucking flamer, blaming others even he sucks more than others. This game is like u will get 1 win / 1 lose / 1win /1 lose...... It is like this system enforces our winning rate around 50% even some bitches of valve told us they didn't do that. Let us think about this. U are a very decent player, u try harder than others and your skills are better than 80% of the total players(that means, if u r randomed matched, u should have 80% winning rate). Is there any reasons for valve to enforce u to lose nearly half games? This fucking system made this competive game uncompetive. I have the feel that we are not playing the game but played by the game cuz Win/Lose are all decided by if the systems matches u with skilled players. It is horrible for me when i got some wins streak, i know some super feeders are waiting for me in the next game.

Second, the recently released version (chat banned) really really make this game worse than ever. I even doubt if the heads of valve's staff were blocked. How can u make a game, of which communications is mostly important uncommunicatable? Yeah , i am punished , and when i played the game and solo mid. I even cant inform my teammates some enemies are missing. After deathes of my teammates, they report me again for being dumb and this elongs the time of punishment. U even cant communicate with others in the fight , cant express your points of attcking and retreating.
    This is ultterly stupid.

But, the fatal flaw of dota 2 is none of points discussed above but combination of them. Image this , U cant say anything to your dumb teamates(the system matched me), and they cant understand u properly. After the team fight, all of these dumbasses blame u and u get reported. Why i must be responsible for their dumb ideas, Why i must accept the punishment caused by their unskilled. Why match me with utterly dumbasses? Why valve cant improve their system? Why valve doesnt care complains from so many players?

Why why why why why why why !~?

Is dota 2 really good?
    Last edited by wangjueyan; 04-25-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Basic Member
    if you are better than 80% of the players, you should be raping in pubs, not complaining in forums.
    The thing is, people tend to overrate themselves.

Basic Member
    Agreed on win rates. This game needs EITHER the 50/50 win rate for everyone that is common in a matchmade environment but visible MMR so you can see how good you are OR completely random matchmaking so win rate equals skill.

Right now there is no benefit to getting better at all. You don't win more and your rating does not go up.

Banned
    dude , in fact dotabuff ranked me over 94% of the total players. If this not convince u, just answer me why most players have the winning rate around 50%? (include skilled and unskilled players)

Banned
    Yeah agree with u dude, if we compete with the same skilled players , both of us have half chance to win the game . But in fact , it is not , they balances the winning rate by matching u with totally retards(i have played 1300games), making this game uncompetive.

Basic Member
    Make sure when you lose, you lose hard - start intentionally feeding (in such a way that you don't get banned) and end the game with a terrible score. This causes matchmaking to think you're a noob and give you better allies and weaker enemies.

A hard fought victory results in a huge bump in your perceived skill level, giving you more idiots and the enemy better players, so try to throw all games that aren't free wins for your team.

This will prevent you from rising too high, seeing as being a "good" player yields no benefits and only makes matches harder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
    Make sure when you lose, you lose hard - start intentionally feeding (in such a way that you don't get banned) and end the game with a terrible score. This causes matchmaking to think you're a noob and give you better allies and weaker enemies.

A hard fought victory results in a huge bump in your perceived skill level, giving you more idiots and the enemy better players, so try to throw all games that aren't free wins for your team.

This will prevent you from rising too high, seeing as being a "good" player yields no benefits and only makes matches harder.
    so dude ,answer me , if i do this , is there any interests in the game?

Basic Member
    I think the ELO system sucks since there are only (Normal/High/Very High skill groups)
    Does this mean that Uber low teams with Normal etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wangjueyan View Post
    dude , in fact dotabuff ranked me over 94% of the total players. If this not convince u, just answer me why most players have the winning rate around 50%? (include skilled and unskilled players)
    It rated me over 96%. I consider myself normal skilled. Your point is mute.