Page 2 of 989 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: South East Asia and China Server Information

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid
    We have reconfigured our servers in the South East Asia and China regions today to improve the play experience there.
    Can you elaborate on this please? This is very vague and doesn't really say anything at all.

On another note, I am still connecting to a Singaporean IP when configuring a practice game to be played on a Malaysian server. I am from Australia if that helps. I get the server IP from the "status" console command and also by looking at what IP's dota2.exe is connecting to, using window 7's resource monitor.

Basic Member
    Fellow SEA player here. I roll games in US West. Minor to zero delay. This is how Steam servers really make the gaming experience a lot more engaging.

Besides, I'd rather play with Americans who talk a lot and are most of the time nicer than what I see in Asia scene. I'm a Filipino, and most of the people I play with here are trash-talkers who think I should grow balls, only for me to completely carry the game as Crystal Maiden :\ and they still manage to call me a noob for not saving them and not growing enough quads (I think they're expecting me to grow them at least).

Just stay away from SEA for your own good. As soon as DOTA 2 comes out, and if it becomes F2P, I swear the swarm of trash-talkers who don't know how to play and who only blames others will pop out like a fish that's got pregnancy every 3 minutes and lays eggs after 2 minutes. US West has some players like that, but not a freaking holocaust of it.

i'm play on thailand and ping still 300+ on sea server
    isp 3bb http://www.3bb.co.th/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by denmax View Post
    Fellow SEA player here. I roll games in US West. Minor to zero delay. This is how Steam servers really make the gaming experience a lot more engaging.

Besides, I'd rather play with Americans who talk a lot and are most of the time nicer than what I see in Asia scene. I'm a Filipino, and most of the people I play with here are trash-talkers who think I should grow balls, only for me to completely carry the game as Crystal Maiden :\ and they still manage to call me a noob for not saving them and not growing enough quads (I think they're expecting me to grow them at least).

Just stay away from SEA for your own good. As soon as DOTA 2 comes out, and if it becomes F2P, I swear the swarm of trash-talkers who don't know how to play and who only blames others will pop out like a fish that's got pregnancy every 3 minutes and lays eggs after 2 minutes. US West has some players like that, but not a freaking holocaust of it.
    Anecdotal evidence and all. If anything, my games suffer from people NOT talking more than people talking shit. I've run into maybe 2 people dumb enough to talk shit and claim they're *trolling*, not had anything like your experiences.

Played a few games in Singapore server last night and it was freaking responsive.
    Haven't played such a smooth game of Dota ever. Good job dev! Keep it up.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nongnoobjung View Post
    i'm play on thailand and ping still 300+ on sea server
    isp 3bb http://www.3bb.co.th/
    there seems to be a problem again as of today, 260-300 ping

Great to see this happen, pings for SEA servers goes as low as >20ms for me at times!

Was really a headahe and sad period when the servers got screwed and had constant 800pings X_X

Basic Member
    I don't like to be that guy but I think you mean <20ms Dkwj.

@denmax,

Like Siege said, thats very anecdotal. I have had my fair share of trashtalkers from both us west and se asia.

I'm from australia and my ping to se asia servers hasn't really changed, although I've noticed that the net_graph pings for us west and se asia (the servers i use) has been much more stable, only fluctating 5 ms max whereas before it used to fluctuate by 20 ms or more.

Basic Member
    Any chance of Australian servers? The SEA ones are good for now though.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.1ghz
    GPU: AMD HD6950 @ 910/1450 + unlocked shaders Drivers: 12.1 WHQL
    RAM: 12GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M Pro
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB (Windows/Dota 2 on this drive)
    HDD 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM 1TB
    HDD 2: Samsung Spinpoint F4 5200RPM 2TB
    Case: Coolermaster HAF-X
    PSU: Antec TruePower 750w

Basic Member
    Server For Thailand Plz