Page 1 of 989 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: South East Asia and China Server Information

South East Asia and China Server Information

We have reconfigured our servers in the South East Asia and China regions today to improve the play experience there. I'm posting here about our servers in the region to provide players with more information so they can test and provide feedback more effectively as the beta test continues.

We currently have servers in three locations in the South East Asia and China matchmaking regions. South East Asia has two server locations in Singapore and Malaysia. The China matchmaking group has servers located in Shanghai. When a match is made in the South East Asia matchmaking region, the matchmaker will choose either Singapore or Malaysia on which is closer based on the average geographical distance of the players in the match. When making a practice game, you can specifically select which location the game will be played on in the Game Setup options.

Shanghai and Singapore are currently the busiest locations and may be full during primetime play hours for the region. We recently added a lot of capacity to the Malaysia location and players may find it easier to play there at this time.

We will be adding more servers to the both regions in the coming weeks as we expand capacity during the beta.
    Last edited by Zoid; 11-29-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    We have reconfigured our servers in the South East Asia and China regions today to improve the play experience there. I'm posting here about our servers in the region to provide players with more information so they can test and provide feedback more effectively as the beta test continues.

We currently have servers in three locations in the South East Asia and China matchmaking regions. South East Asia has two server locations in Singapore and Malaysia. The China matchmaking group has servers located in Shanghai. When a match is made in the South East Asia matchmaking region, the matchmaker will choose either Singapore or Malaysia on which is closer based on the average geographical distance of the players in the match. When making a practice game, you can specifically select which location the game will be played on in the Game Setup options.

Shanghai and Singapore are currently the busiest locations and may be full during primetime play hours for the region. We recently added a lot of capacity to the Malaysia location and players may find it easier to play there at this time.

We will be adding more servers to the both regions in the coming weeks as we expand capacity during the beta.
    Busiest locations as in the most players, or just constantly full?

Is there any plan for matchmaking to form a team to fight AI? I think that would decrease the amount of servers used for just one player fighting against the AI, and allow players to learn from other players who are learning dota as well. Might take a little coding, but free up a lot of server space and help new players.

Why add the capacity in Malaysia? What about Singapore?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post

Thanks for this.

I just tried out the SEA servers (dunno which ones though). It was great, had 100-170 ping constant but I'm still experiencing huge lag spikes. Even though I was getting like 180-250 ping I was lagging terribly and my hero wasn't responding the way I wanted him to be.

All in all, the servers are now more stable but lag spikes are still out there.

I joined the SEA server today. Honestly speaking I didn't find much of a difference or it was so minor that I couldn't notice it. I didn't use to lagg/have spike before and neither do I now. Of course it does freeze for a split second during hero picks or when multiple spells are cast in team battles, but that is due to my system specs.

EDIT : I just perceived my post from a third person's perspective and it looks ugly. I am in no way not appreciative of the work done to improve the servers. So my post may please not be taken in a negative sense.
    Last edited by asprin; 11-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks a lot Zoid this is a + for valve and we can play at SEA again with no delays or lags whatsoever..

A Job Well Done!

Basic Member
    I can confirm this, JOB WELL DONE! no more 400 ping on SEA server thanks
    Last edited by pd.erMing; 11-29-2011 at 01:54 PM.

How's the ping like in SEA server now? I didn't dare to touch SEA server because the past experience were horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSkysong View Post
    How's the ping like in SEA server now? I didn't dare to touch SEA server because the past experience were horrible.
    30ms on Singapore servers and 50ms on Malaysia servers

Quote Originally Posted by eyey View Post
    30ms on Singapore servers and 50ms on Malaysia servers
    Thanks will try to play back on Singapore server tonight.