Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Mountain Yak and Stumpy?

Basic Member
    common sense. of course they removed it in store and in drops because they planned it to change to immortal. and agreed, what is the benifits of that? for what reason? the way i see it, it is just for manipulating market prices. and the most that i see is the most that will benefit is valve itself. yeah you can call it wise marketing , but not pretty likeable. immortal tag is kinda rare even with the golden greevils , and now with the mass ammount of yak and stumpy. valve just added thousands and thousands of free immortals. the same tag as golden roshan, hook, smeevils, which is really hard to obtain. it could have been just fine if they change it to legendary or maybe genuine. but not immortal cmon
    Last edited by JokerKV; 06-08-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Diretide hook?
    Abuse of Language Filter as Reportable Offense?<-- link!

Quote Originally Posted by ThoApplesin View Post
    Being confused is alright, admitting it is honorable, not admitting it is bad, not being aware about is worse and sad.
    Being incorrect is not good but understandable, however going all snob and violent at the mean time is horrible.
    But in the end, everything will be left behind when you take the step towards the right side, there is nothing that a sincere sorry cannot remedy.

I don't understand why some people who hate the couriers even care if they turn immortal. Just let it be. How are you affected? You never wanted them right? The only reason I see, is you getting jealous of people who had those couriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Just let it be. How are you affected? You never wanted them right? The only reason I see, is you getting jealous of people who had those couriers.
    Pretty much this.

Someone else's item got a higher rarity label. Why should I be upset about that?

I really doubt anyone has been buying them from the store in the past six months or so anyway.
    ◕_◕

Banned
    This couriers where the first ones on the game.. now nobody uses them anymore since they are pretty ugly and nobody buys them either... so volvo banned those from the store and gave them Inmmortal category to give them some value at least

Basic Member
    At least it's not like alpine ursa, where there were so few that they were being sold so expensive.

They are immortal items but still very common, let people feel happier that they sold their chicken for about 3€ so they can buy a cheap indie game on steam or a new hat for sven. Valve gains less from the market sale than the actual store sale, but the reason they probably did it was because people weren't buying it anymore at the store.

And that yak courier really pisses me off, it looks so good but it's unpolished as hell, if it looked as nice as other couriers I might have bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Basic Member
    Interesting is fact that stumpy was introduced 31 may so now we have 1 year from that moment. Probably soon more items that are 1 year old will be changed to immortal and removed from shop/drop. I heard that this is common situation in tf2.

Basic Member
    yeah. well maybe it is just valve way of marketing and manipulating trade system/prices. i just feel sorry for those who actually spend a lot to get other immortal items etc. i ain't even mad because i didnt spend a single penny in any item but really don't like the upgrade on the tag. same as golden rosh lol

Moved this to suggestions because it's not a bug.
    And before someone asks, no, I don't know why Valve changed it. I was baffled by it as well.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

I kind of like the change. (And I didn't own a single Yak/Stumpy when they did the change)

Reasoning behind why I like it:
    1. There are far too many possible unusual couriers from chest drop
    2. There are only a few "end game items" in market. Having a few mid tier items helps small/new traders at trading their way up.
    3. Prior the change a Luminous Gaze, Burning Animus, Piercing Beams Yak/Stumpy were worth THREE keys (Is it worth opening chests anymore? 1% chance on unusual courier and 80% of dropped unusual couriers are worth less than 10 keys!)
    Abuse of Language Filter as Reportable Offense?<-- link!

Quote Originally Posted by ThoApplesin View Post
    Being confused is alright, admitting it is honorable, not admitting it is bad, not being aware about is worse and sad.
    Being incorrect is not good but understandable, however going all snob and violent at the mean time is horrible.
    But in the end, everything will be left behind when you take the step towards the right side, there is nothing that a sincere sorry cannot remedy.