Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Mute system EXPOSED. It only takes ONE report to get muted now.

Banned

Thumbs up [Confirmed] Mute system EXPOSED. It only takes ONE report to get muted now.

At the end of my communication ban I decided to do a little experiment.

Once my communication ban expired, I invited a friend of mine to a lobby and told him to report me for communication abuse immediately after I was unmuted.

The result? I immediately received a new communication ban for 168 hours.

I started a new match and confirmed I received a 168 communication ban in-game from ONE report.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo
    Multiple people ganging up on you to report you in the same game has no effect on whether or not you are banned. We are looking at patterns of behavior over time only.
    Unbelievable.

We've been lied to. Valve has some serious explaining to do. No wonder people complain about the mute system so much.

US english AKA Mexico AKA South America AJAJAJA
    what i think it does is assume you are a flamer after your first punishment.

still dumb.
    big plays
    the mute system is great, now when someone calls me out for being a troll i can just report them and ruin their future games. (mute sigs are in style)

Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Loewen is nothing but a little filthy backstabber, he says he's your friend if he needs something and then betrays you once he's done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MuteSystemExposed View Post
    At the end of my communication ban I decided to do a little experiment.

Once my communication ban expired, I invited a friend of mine to a lobby and told him to report me for communication abuse immediately after I was unmuted.

Unbelievable.

We've been lied to. Valve has some serious explaining to do. No wonder people complain about the mute system so much.
    What? You got reported after you was reported. Do you realy expect that "patterns" are not only x reports in y games? REALY?
    EDIT: Btw, everyone knows that reporting after the mute expired works. Nothign new at all.
    Please read the forum rules and check for the proper section before posting. The "community" section is not a global spam section!

If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and discuss it, but don't create posts about the moderation. They will be closed! The same is true for reposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    What? You got reported after you was reported. Do you realy expect that "patterns" are not only x reports in y games? REALY?
    EDIT: Btw, everyone knows that reporting after the mute expired works. Nothign new at all.
    It's completely batshit for that still to be the case a long time later though. It never resets the amount, so a month after that one-day mute a single troll report punishes you.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    It's completely batshit for that still to be the case a long time later though. It never resets the amount, so a month after that one-day mute a single troll report punishes you.
    I'm realy a supporter of the mute system "itself", but yeah, it is. The reports during muted games don't work, but the games itself don't count for their "patterns of behavior over time", causing the first report after the mute to punish you.
    That's definitly a flaw that needs to be fixed. The initial treshhold is "high", but afterwards way to low.
    Please read the forum rules and check for the proper section before posting. The "community" section is not a global spam section!

If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and discuss it, but don't create posts about the moderation. They will be closed! The same is true for reposts.

Basic Member
    What a fucking dumb system.

I don't care if I get muted if I DESERVE it, but I really like to know for what words exactly I get muted. =/

Basic Member
    ahahhhahhahhahahah

Basic Member
    i'm pretty sure getting chat banned wouldnt include all reports up to the exact time valve blocks your comms so you could get instantly rebanned after.

eg. if valve review the reports from the 10 games i flamed in last night and ban me @midday today and then get a bunch of reports from the games i flamed in this morning it makes sense i'd be on the verge of another ban as soon as this one ran out.

Basic Member
    I don't care if I get muted if I DESERVE it, but I really like to know for what words exactly I get muted. =/
    My biggest thing is that you shoudn't get banned for using specific words per say, but how they are directed.

For instance, I was playing a game a while back where nobody bought a courier (even though there were 3 support heros that randomed).
    Once I realized this, I said "Well this is fucking retarded", or something to that effect, and some kid responds "reported for bad word"
    I didn't flame him (or anyone else for that matter), or use any derogatory slur. It's a *COMMUNICATION* report/ban, not a cuss word ban.

If Valve wanted to eliminate swearing in Dota2, it would be like, 5 lines of code (an exaggeration, but still super easy), but they haven't.
    Bad Communication != Using a swear word
    </Rant>