Hello,

my feedback:

i have
    MacBook PRO 13, Mid 2010
    2,4 GHz - Core 2 Duo
    4Gb RAM DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB
    OS X 10.8.4

Game running but with lot of problems. Lags, drops, stuns. I think its bad optimization because i playing GW2, COD4, CS:S and others without problems.
    Can some one help me? some informations about new patch? some dev software for Dota2?

thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by napole_ong View Post
    Somebody can help me config hotkey dota2 on MacOs i can't use F buttons for focus hero, purchase items ,........
    Go to System Preferences > Keyboard. Check the 'use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys'. Although I'm pretty sure it won't affect F11 and F12 for some reason.

Basic Member
    13 in. Macbook Pro Mid 2010
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
    OS X 10.8.4

Upon entering the main menu, the sound starts getting choppy, and then it mutes entirely once I enter a match. The frame rate is too low to be playable no matter what settings the audio and video are at. The game randomly crashes before long. Overall the mac client is unpredictably laggy and unstable; I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one experiencing this.

I've been able to play Dota 2 with highest settings on this computer through Bootcamp Windows 7 for over a year now without a problem, so I hope there's a possible fix soon. Thanks.

No connection problems or image quality problems here.

Framerate problems galore, though. 50% lower frames than the Bootcamp Windows experience gives me with the same video settings.

Basic Member
    Can someone please tell me if I can run Dota 2 on my macbook?

Specs:

Macbook pro Early 2008 15 inch
    4 gig ram
    OSX 10.9
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128 mb
    2.2 Ghz Processor

And I'm running off an ssd if that matters. I know my video card sucks but please tell me there's hope

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emceerez View Post

Specs:

4 gig ram
    OSX 10.9
    2.2 Ghz Processor

And I'm running off an ssd if that matters. I know my video card sucks but please tell me there's hope
    You might be able to give it a try with bootcamp, but the minimum requirement on mac is an Nvidia 320m. Your's is quite far behind that.

Basic Member
    Try the "quit-reconnect" method.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos82 View Post
    I've logged most of my DOTA2 on my PC but recently I've tried the MAC client on my 2012 15" MacBook w/Retina. I suffer from the same problem as everybody else here with the low frame-rate even on the lowest of settings; however, I've noticed that if after you select your hero, quit the game, the restart/reconnect to the game, the performance greatly improves. I was getting about 10-12 FPS even on the lowest settings and if I use that "quit-reconnect" method, I get about 80 FPS with everything ON or HIGH, except V-sync and AA, which I will test the next time I play the game.

Good luck to those of you suffering from this issue and hope this helps some of you out!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos82 View Post
    Oh sorry forgot to mention I'm running at 1440x900.

I just tested it with v-sync and AA both on. Got steady 60 FPS after the "quit-reconnect" method. So it's all maxed out except resolution at 1440x900.

Basic Member
    5 days have passed and still no fix crashes and no news ... I want to play dota ... I also spent some money on this game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emceerez View Post

Specs:

4 gig ram
    OSX 10.9
    2.2 Ghz Processor

No hope.

Quote Originally Posted by companatale View Post
    5 days have passed and still no fix crashes and no news ... I want to play dota ... I also spent some money on this game
    +1

The real question though, will they be able to fix all the performance issues with the next update?

Probably not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betacakes View Post
    No hope.

+1

The real question though, will they be able to fix all the performance issues with the next update?

Probably not.
    I remember a while back that this also happened to the Windows version. One patch then everyone had dropping frame rates. They fixed it with a supplemental patch. So I'm still optimistic on this one. S far we only have one serious problem atm