PDA

View Full Version : Map layout really bad or pudge hook too long

Tazz
09-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Standing with pudge in this position: 298 u can hook in radient base w/o any problems as shown in this pic: 299.
To conclude ... from that position you shoudn't be able to hook inside the radient base in any situation, maybe just with forcestaff ... but it make u drop from cliff.
To see my conclusion in this pic: 300 the aria in red it appears somewhat bigger that in dota 1, or the portion between the cliff and base too narrow as seen in 298 and you can see in this pic from dota 1 that the distance is way bigger 301 and you can never hook from that position inside the base.

Here is a second example of bad layout.
Standing on the edge of the river on mid u can hook someone in dota 2 close to tower as seen in this pic: 302, looking at a hook from dota 1 from same spot u can see that the hook is shorter: 303. Conclusion to this is that the river portion is somewhat narrower than in dota 1 on the middle.
edit: added this 2 pics to see the difference of the river: 304 and 305

Other conclusion that could be is that the hook is more longer, but the layout is a better explanation

Hope i didn't bored some1 with this long post but i find it to be a crucial bug and sry of bad english if any
Some of the pics are from the old patch but i checked everything and it didn't change

CGar
09-30-2011, 07:59 AM
This seems like a pretty serious issue, I have noticed Pudge's hook does seem to be getting certain areas it didn't used to be. I support investigating this.

joker
10-01-2011, 02:04 PM
wow pudge really deadly on this