PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Unable to use the Minimap or selection box (Possibly found out why)

Niserox
03-02-2012, 01:10 AM
So I was spectating a game that one of my friends were in, and I had the mode set to "Player Perspective" which allows you to see what the current player's camera is on and what he or she is doing in game. After a while, I got bored and exited out of the spectate mode via "X" button on the top of the screen to go back to the main menu and I went into matchmaking queue.

When I got into the game, I could select my character normally but when I tried to use the minimap at all (TP's, clicking, pinging, moving, etc) nothing worked, almost as if I had no minimap. I could still see everyone on the map just fine though. I could also not use the selection box (click and drag) function or any of the top UI where the hero's portraits are.

I figured that this was a bug due to the fact that you are unable to control any of this during the "Player Perspective" mode in spectate, and when I exited out, it thought I was still in that mode even though I was playing a real game.

A simple fix to exit dota2 and reconnect fixed it.

Galmaethor
03-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Same on here. Was watching players perspective just before playing.

kolt
03-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Already reported like 30 times.

Evol
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Same here