03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gdj0k.jpg

That subcliff should be removed.

xXSynXx
03-09-2012, 01:33 PM
nah, it's fine the way it is. they just wanna make it realistic

willisverynice
03-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I didn't know that realism was a goal in DotA 2...

markcocjin
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I didn't know that realism was a goal in DotA 2...

Realism is also a consideration as well as artistic design. Otherwise, we'd get LoL.

Mr.Evo
03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gdj0k.jpg

That subcliff should be removed.

I see what you did there ;)

You disarmed yourself. This is one additional reason why it shouldn't be removed. Nice try^^

EmblemLord
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
The only issue with that cliff is that it distorts the scale of whatever happens to go on it (notice how the ward appears blown up in size). For example, your hero will appear comically enlarged (compared to the scale of objects below it) if you Blink on top of it.

blash365
03-12-2012, 01:03 AM
I see what you did there ;)

You disarmed yourself. This is one additional reason why it shouldn't be removed. Nice try^^

No, he didnt?

OT: This particular cliff might not be the problem (although it might run into problems, with mantastyle being used below it). But if the same occurs on other cliffs, it might have stronger effect on some fights (scourge forest wardspot, bottom rune wardspot, etc).

Mr.Evo
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
No, he didnt?

I do not mean the active "Disarm" ability from Heavens Helbard :D

My intention was to point out he wanted the minions to spawn on top of the mountain to destroy the enemy ward. Unfortunally they spawned onto "anti abuse area" :P

bamet
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Heh, you have some genious detective skills, but it actualy happened quite differently. I blinked on the standard cliff just for the lulz, then some huge creeps with stuns wanted to kill me so i used necros and this is what happened. Its not some huge issue but it was not in dota 1 so there is no reason to have it like this. The hill can looks still the same, just the pathable terrain should be removed.